• This topic has 85 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Man Utd
  • hora
    Free Member

The bleached back-combed hairspray/tango-tanned mob with legs the same width the whole way down? 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

If MC were to pay me £1m a month I'd move there today. Compare that to poncy £600k at Chelsea and do the maths.

Junkyard
    Free Member

City will be better than last year but you need to get some defenders very quickly indeed.
    Top four would seem unlikley but you may displace Arsenal.
    Man U not in the top 5 cant see it.
    Liverpool will challenge if thay can keep Torres fit.
    Man U are weakend compared to lastyear due to Ronaldo for Tevez see Owen i.e bit part quality striker

City have not bought enough world class players (possibly even any). What they have done is bought some very high quality players to improve them (Barry, Tevez, Adebayor)but none of these make the Premierships best 11 or even for their own position IMHO.
    Europe should be their goal this season
    Win Europe year after whatever Uefa cup will be called and qualify for Champions League.

coogan
    Free Member

Wot junkyard said. Pretty much sums it up. Personally think Owen is a decent bit of business. Cost nowt, is probably on a pay as you play contract and he will score goals, 4 in 4 games so far (admittedly against not particularly strong competition, still, got to take those chances!). Fitness is only doubt.

Hairychested
    Free Member

4 in 4, if he scores against not-so-good teams at this ratio, Ferguson will be called a genius.

trailmonkey

my money's on Chelsea if they keep Terry and Essien stays fit. They looked the best team in the second half of the prem last year once Essien came back.

Agree about last season. Not sure if it was Essien or Hiddink's influence though. It would be a big ask for Ancelotti to win it in his first year. Never fancy Benitez to win the league. Got to be Utd again for me.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

as much as it would make me giggle, all this talk of bacon face and his merry troops finishing outside the top 5 is b*ll*x! I cant see them falling out of the top four until taggart gives up his post at Stretford United. and even then, something drastic will have to happen…..if we get within 20 points of the title winners, that should get us top 4-6 and i will be more than happy!

bikemonkey
    Free Member

click here

who says United are finished in the transfer market

(I understand it's unlikely still, I just like to be controversial!)

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Aaah, that was meant to link to the page saying Utd are in for David Silva

hora
    Free Member

Hairychested, jump off most tubes in zone 1 and you can have a decent night out within shouting distance of just that station. Jump off a tram in Manchester and you'd hope a tram would be coming the other way to finish you off 😉

G
    Free Member

Leyton Orient 6-1 Newcastle

Now thats a result! Who cares what the money men are doing? I just look forward each year to the aftermath of yet another half wit being parted with his money. One season out of the Champions League and the butts will be squeaking whoever they are….. & we'll still be waiting down here in the "lower" leagues. Nothing we like better than some avaricious meat to tenderise!

billybob
    Free Member

Spurs are spending, I think they'll be top 6, Man City will be top 6, Everton will be top 6 along with Manure, Chelski & Liverpool & Arsenal.

Villa have lost 2 influential players so I can't see them maintaining a challenge.

It's Portsmouth I feel sorry for, new owners, an unproven(ish) manager (first casualty of the season) & they're selling their best players.

trailmonkey

billybob, there's something not quite right with your maths.

hora
    Free Member

"Welcome to Manchester" love it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Man U not in the top 5 cant see it.

Sorry Junkyard – are you saying that you can't see Man U finishing top 5? Your statement sounds like it is a double negative – which I am sure is what you mean. You DO mean that you CAN see Man U finishing top 5 don't you?

Junkyard
    Free Member

MF yes I could have worded it better but it is not a double negative.

Man U not in finishing in the top 5 is something I cant see happening.

I was way to tired to think of doing a clever double negative but wish I had

Smee
    Free Member

Man Utd – finishing outside the top 5 isn't going to happen. Now will you all stop bickering.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You are still making my head hurt LOL!

eldridge
    Free Member

If the football fans on here can generate this amount of absolute toss about 22 identical blokes trying to kick a ball between two identical sets of white-painted posts, what are the prospects for peace in Issrael/Palesstine?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Similar to those of Man City winning the EPL next season.

hora
    Free Member

eldridge, I grew up seeing men chasing one bloke around and giving him a kicking in the street. This was the norm. Never one on one.

Its football innit.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Aha – the inevitable football hater coming on and commenting on a football post.

Hint – with a title 'Man Utd', the subject will be football, so just stay away and don't stress your little self. x

hora
    Free Member

Hairychested…

I'd tend to agree normally but it depends what the other teams are doing about their squads. Top 3. Yep- I think Liverpool for the title and Man City top 6 along with Tottenham and…Aston Villa.

Spurs are doing ok sooo far?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Spurs are doing ok sooo far?

A bit early for saying that isn't it? Spurs will do what Spurs always do. Nothing.

hora
    Free Member

BTW- Im not a Spurs fan. Just think they will be abit more tastier this season 🙂

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

mastiles, Spurs do not have a history that suggests they always do nothing. They have also had a rather settled summer whereby the spine of their team hasnt changed and a couple of important members of the team are into their second season so will be much more settled (I would hazzard a guess that by this time next season Modric has a £20-30m price tag over his head).

So along with my choice of Chelsea (Settled and Essien back) for the title, i predict a GOOD season for spurs. I think there will be a lot of surprises this season because as spurs have already shown i think any team in the top 10 will be capable of taking points of any top 4 team. Its gonna be an interesting season when teams like Man U and Chealsea drop a few clangers early on.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well they have done noting in recent history and I doubt they will be in the top 6 this season either. IMO.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

So not always then, just recent history. I say their chances of a top 6 are as good as the rest of the clubs quoted to be possibilities, no more no less. After the weekend i didnt see anything that suggests otherwise.

Or is it just that Spurs seem to attract piffling comments from other teams because they actually have ambitions to better themselves even if they havent yet achieved them. A bit like this country i suppose, acept your place or feel the wrath.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I think spurs will have a decent season under 'arry, probably 5th or 6th but maybe one better with Liverpool looking as bad as they do. It's been said before but beyond the first 11 they have nothing, and even then the only players I really rate are the obvious two, Carragher and piranha face.

Man U obviously weekened but by how much? Can 'thriller' (Nani) step up? I don't think so….

It's a two horse race for me between Chelsea who have kept a good solid platform and have added a real quality player in Zhirkov and the ever improving Arsenal.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hobo – don't take it all so personally. Spurs haven't done much in the league for years and it is a fact, not a criticism. Agreed they have a chance of being top six, but I think it is an outside chance, alongside the likes of Everton (ahem) and Villa.

I am not making 'piffling' comments at all. I am a Leeds fan so have absolutely no space to be slagging other teams off for their performances. I am just giving my opinion.

And my opinion for the top six is

Man U (C)
    Chelsea or Arsenal (runners up)
    Liverpool (4)
    Man C (5 and underperform badly with Hughes soon out on his ear)
    West Ham/Villa/Everton/Spurs (fighting it out for 6)

As I said though, it is just my opinion, not some wind up against Spurs fans or the team – don't get so wound up about it!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I think thats pretty much where i expect them to end up Mastiles (Although i have chelsea top).

I find that outside of the Man U/Arsenal/Chealsea/Liverpool group Spurs tend to be the team all the others resent because they are the team who openly want to break into the group.

Maybe its me but i tend to look at things as an oppertunity to spice things up. I welcome Man City having money, Arsenal (Allthough i dislike them intensely) putting a heck of a performance at Everton pleased me because it makes for a good season. I tend to hope that teams do well rather than hoping others do badly.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don't resent, hate, dislike or in any way have anything against Spurs. Or, indeed, for any other club. In fact I just like watching and discussing football.

In fact I quite like Spurs as it they often help, alongside Villa, Leeds unburden themselves of small parts of their debt. And I reckon Lennon will have a great season. Just like Milner will at Ashton Villah

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I think Leeds resent the fact that they got Lennon for a couple of quid 😉

You should go on the SkyNews Spurs forum. I dont contribute, but i feel sorry for those that do because every other team (Not just arsenal) supporters just pop their heads in and screw over the spurs fans. They cant have a dicussion about who they would like to sign without being ridiculed.

I live in Carlisle so we have had quite a bit of experience of the current Leeds setup in recent years 🙂

I dont take your comments personally mate and i like discussing football as much as the next person. I have infact just returned to playing myself after 8yrs in exile. 1st game last sunday, managed to be sick on the pitch and escaped a certain red card for deliberate handball by the skin of my teeth. Roll on next sunday. Oh and i have just started coaching a under 7 side on saturdays as well. My biking is going to be placed on hold for the forseeable future.

All banter is good as long as its balanced

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Leeds have become a great feeder club for you 😉

Right – lunch time…

zaskar
    Free Member

Should be a close season this year with Utd, Chelsea, Liverpl and Arsenal…

But all the other teams are pretty good too and shock defeats will have the leaders changing place.

allthepies
    Free Member

Looks at tonights results…

<chortle>

allyharp

Man U always start a season with some dodgy results.

I see Chelsea winning this year though, with Man U second.

john_drummer
    Free Member

galacticos…

while Real Madrid were building a totally unbalanced squad of superstars last time round, Barca were busy building a squad. When was the last time Real won La Liga or the Champions' League?

I fear the same may / has already happened at Man City.

Meanwhile I don't give a stuff how Manu do. Nor any of the other primadonna teams. It would be nice to see Burnley & Hull survive in the prem though

MOT

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As I was saying, Man U to win the title, and Spurs struggling to make 6th.

<ahem>

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

All the Utd fans,

There not singing any more, therrre nottt siingiinnng annyyy morreee !!!

I have a personal bet with a mate that Utd finish outside the top 5 this season… Utd have to depend on an old crock and an idle barsteward up front.. and an old git on the bench who will continue his 'verbal fight' with city !

This still stands with me..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd’ is closed to new replies.