• This topic has 85 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Man Utd
  • hora
    Free Member

Has the two-eyed Scottish idiot lost it? Jealousy? Lack of pennies to spend himself? 😆 🙄 😆 :mrgreen:

theflatboy
    Free Member

how many eyes do you have?

hora
    Free Member

Its a pastiche.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I find it strange that he thinks he can out-psyche his ex team captain, I think Hughes is far craftier than he appears, after all, did he not learn it all from the master ?
    Man City, wake up, play as a team and you will do well…

theflatboy
    Free Member

ah right, with you.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

All the Utd fans,

There not singing any more, therrre nottt siingiinnng annyyy morreee !!!

I have a personal bet with a mate that Utd finish outside the top 5 this season… Utd have to depend on an old crock and an idle barsteward up front.. and an old git on the bench who will continue his 'verbal fight' with city !

terrahawk
    Free Member

I'd say that's wishful thinking, neverfastenuff.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Luckily I am a Baggies fan.. real football, no time for prima donners here !!

higgo
    Free Member

I have a personal bet with a mate that Utd finish outside the top 5 this season…

Guffaw!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

im a city fan, we will break into the top 6, possibly top 4, but united less than 5th no chance. they wont win the league, i think Liverpool will, but it will be a close battle, with united finishing 2nd. They may have lost 2 out of there top 3 players from last year, but doesnt mean they will slip down the table to much………..

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

But where are the 'goals' going to come from then ?

Show me, tell me… I think Utd have shit on their own doorstep for this season coming..

Anderson… a bloody fairy
    G Spunk Park… another bloody fairy..

10 minute Scoles…

Pensioner Giggs,

Again, Idle Barsteward Berbatov….

The back four will do more attacking than the forwards..

I do hope Gibson gats a good run though as I do think he has 'potential'.

higgo
    Free Member

Has the two-eyed Scottish idiot lost it? Jealousy? Lack of pennies to spend himself?

No he's not lost it.
    No reason to be jealous of city. I genuinely think the only thing SAF is jealous of is the scousers' record in Europe.
    No lack of cash at OT.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

i think he has lost it a bit, look at the pic of Bacon face in this page, looks like he could have a bit of sun stroke

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8169153.stm

Bacon face isn't jealous of city, he is jealous of the money and even though its not much more, we have the ability to attract players to come to our club, seems like no one wants to go to OT anymore…..

And cash at OT, don't think so……

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I hate to say it but Ferguson does have a very valid point. All city seem interested in is putting one over united, that seems to be as far as their aspirations go, which is pretty pathetic in anyone's books.

The big clubs in the Premiership such as Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea are planning their pre-season training/buying around champions league and top of the table challenges with each other whereas city seem to fixated on buying strikers and Tevez.

Ferguson like him or loath him is a supreme tactician, something Hughes most definitely is not. The season is a long on haul and I'm not sure Hughes has the cards up his sleeve to see it through.

Hairychested
    Free Member

But where are the 'goals' going to come from then ?

Show me, tell me… I think Utd have shit on their own doorstep for this season coming..

Anderson… a bloody fairy
    G Spunk Park… another bloody fairy..

10 minute Scoles…

Pensioner Giggs,

Again, Idle Barsteward Berbatov….

The back four will do more attacking than the forwards..

I do hope Gibson gats a good run though as I do think he has 'potential'.

Unless I'm really mistaken those fairies coped with CL rather well, alongside "the pensioners".
    NFE, apart from a sackful of strikers, who do you also have? A keeper? Defenders? Do you really? World class? Yeah, right.
    I think (hope?):
    1. Man Utd
    2. Liverpool
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Everton
    6. Astn Villa
    Hang on, haven't we seen that before?

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

"The big clubs in the Premiership such as Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea are planning their pre-season training/buying around champions league and top of the table challenges with each other whereas city seem to fixated on buying strikers and Tevez"

who? Utd have not bought anyone of champions league class, as NONE of them would go, Chelsea, who?, Liverpool, who? Johnson, debatable… Arsenal, who? I think you will find we are the only team doing that….

we have let go as many strikers as we have bought, and we have picked up a top class midfielder, and there will be two top class defenders announced within the next 2 weeks……. i think by the End of the transfer window, we will have a very competitive team…

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Hairychested,

Corrected… the 'team' had Tevez and Ronaldo to do most of the work.. obviously helped by Shrek…

The balance of th 90/10 team will be much more suspect..

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I think you are completely missing the point Trev. The big clubs in the Premiership haven't felt the need to go out and buy large amounts of players because they have the strength in their squads already to be competitive.

Man City on the other hand will start the season with a mix of new players, untested together at a competitive level and in a squad that is a bit 'forward heavy'.

One wonders if Mr Hughes is the one making the decisions on what players to buy or if its the new owners pulling the strings. Shades of Chelsea a few years ago before they 'matured'……

Oh and I see you haven't denied the obvious fixation that city have with putting one over united. 6 points doesn't a season make and whilst the club you support are screwing themselves into a frenzy and fighting a war of words with Ferguson that you cannot win the other clubs will be quietly going about their business.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

but that's not what you said…… and i think our team will be as forward heavy as you put it, as Utd were last year. We have felt the need to buy as we want to improve, as do other clubs, but we are lucky enough to be the richest club in the world, so can do that. we have not payed over the odds for anyone so far, wages are all within what other clubs are paying their top players, before anyone goes on about that…

"Oh and I see you haven't denied the obvious fixation that city have with putting one over united. 6 points doesn't a season make and whilst the club you support are screwing themselves into a frenzy and fighting a war of words with Ferguson that you cannot win the other clubs will be quietly going about their business"

I never mentioned about getting one over united, so i have no idea where you get that from, i have ALWAYS said i would rather lose home and away but finish in the to 6…. and it is bacon face who hasn't shut up about city, Cook and Hughes have never said anything about united…….

Hairychested
    Free Member

Trev, I respect your preferences when it comes to football but… the season is long, there are games that need to be played when some/most of the first 11 are injured/playing for their country/out of form. It happens to every team and the strength of MU has been their ability to deal with it. Your City has a bunch of good dtrikers who will cause trouble a lot but what if you need cover for your defenders? Or Mr Ireland for that matter?
    Besides, some of the new buys of MC seem interested in money only (e.g. Adebayor (sp.?)), it seems rather challenging for Hughes.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

i agree with some statements, but if you were told somebody wants to buy you, we dont want you, and they are going to give you an extra £50k a week, what would you do……

Personally, i cant wait for the season to start!

billybob
    Free Member

the very fact this is the second time recently sir taggart has spoken about city says to me he's worried – if he's not worried about teams he doesn't talk about them

Hairychested
    Free Member

TBH if you pay me £50k per week I'll play for whatever team (I'm rubbish so probably WBA) 🙂
    I understand it, makes me wonder why none of them has balls to say I'm being paid a fortune so I play for the club though.
    IIRC Roy Keane was offered some silly money by Bayern Munich following 1999 CL final and he said No. It made me respect him as a person ever more. Honesty repays a lot in life, at least I believe it.
    May the next season begin!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Roy Keane was one of the first i remember, to threaten to Leave unless he was the highest earner, so i dont know how you can quote him. He was not far from going to Juventus or Bayern in 1999 unless they made him the top earner at the club, which they did, so he stayed.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think Hughes is far craftier than he appears,

No he isn't – he seems to have pretty simple ideals. Goal scorer. Signs lots of goal scorers.

Very technically astute.

Guaranteed – Man U will finish above Man C next season.

(Leeds fan by the way – so I 'should' hate Man U, but I can't see Man C doing anything – goals don't win a title, not conceding them does).

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

im 99% sure Manure will finish above us this season.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Lets see when the fat lady has stopped singing… probably much later than the Man U fans !

steve_b77
    Free Member

It's an intersting attack on the "Big 4" by Hughes, almost a Real Madrid style – we're gonna score one more than you, **** the defending, we'll just try and score loads and conceed one less.

It won't work until there's a very solid back four, a good defensive midfielder and come to think of it a mid-field.

It's gonna be a bit of a slog up there this season, one or two cocks ups will hand the title to someone from the "big four", probably either Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool (if they keep alonso).

THe biggest thing to watch at Eastlands will be how long Hughes survives if he doesn't come up trumps and deliver silverware, personally I think if there's nothing new on the shelf by May he'll be a gonner.

Then the Sheiks will try and "buy" the best manager they can find who wants the job of managing a load of drama queens and money grabbers, should be fun 8)

Philby

Typical of a team with too much money and owners who haven't a clue about football, just buy loads of strikers, and then suffer the in-fighting later in the year when they all aren't playing every game. Successful sides are built on balance with a strong back four and a mix of creative and defensive midfielders, hence why Aresenal have gone backwards (too many creative players).

Much of Manures success has been down to Van der Sar, Vidic, Ferdinand and the likes of O'Shea. Can't see any balance in City's squad, unless they get Terry.

(Another Leeds fan – wishing we were in City's position :wink:)

hora
    Free Member

They may have lost 2 out of there top 3 players from last year, but doesnt mean they will slip down the table to much………..

I'd tend to agree normally but it depends what the other teams are doing about their squads. Top 3. Yep- I think Liverpool for the title and Man City top 6 along with Tottenham and…Aston Villa.

higgo
    Free Member

Typical of a team with too much money and owners who haven't a clue about football, just buy loads of strikers, and then suffer the in-fighting later in the year when they all aren't playing every game.

I wonder what assurances they've given Tevez.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Trev, you were nearer OT so I'll take your word for Keane's situation. I remember reading a different story. Nevermind, it's all in the past.
    Hora, you're down with the Pig Flu, right? Otherwise, how can you state such a load of rubbish? Spurs achieving anything? Creepers…

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I'm a united fan and can honestly say that city have made some very clever signings and some not so. I'll explain: Barry – a quality midfield player who'll help orchestrate your midfield which lets face it, you needed! Tevez – a selfless, skillful, workhorse. He can bag some goals for you as well if he gets regular games. Oh and he doesn't get injured! Adebayor…..this for me is a bad signing. Not a fully proven striker in the prem. He'll be unsuccesful IMO. Shay given, which was one of Hughes signings, probably the best signing you've made! Definately in the top 3 keepers in the prem. Better than our old man between the posts. Roque S. Cruz – No doubt a quality striker and a goal machine. But can he stay fit and free of injury? I'm not sure.

Now on to UTD. I think Owen, as long as he stays fit and free from injuries (which may be harder than we think) can bag lots of goals for us. Fergie has not lost his mind no, in fact he's doing what Wenger is trying to do but will do it better. And that is bringing the youth through, in the correct way. Gibson, Macheda, Welbeck to name a few. They're all going to play a big part in our success this season. And don't you worry about Berbatov, he'll be quite alright. As well as Rooney who is my fav footballer at the moment and without doubt a world class player.

hora
    Free Member

Im not sure on Owen. He is willing, his mind is strong and hungry still. He'll still the same when hes 50yrs old. Its his mindset but….his body 🙁

Tottenham…….just watch!!!

..and anyway- right at the begining of the TDF- I predicted a top3 position for Lance…

DrJ

It's an intersting attack on the "Big 4" by Hughes, almost a Real Madrid style – we're gonna score one more than you, **** the defending, we'll just try and score loads and conceed one less.

Sounds like Keegan's Newcastle – and I predict a similar outcome: a good charge for the top, but ultimately unsuccessful.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All city seem interested in is putting one over united, that seems to be as far as their aspirations go, which is pretty pathetic in anyone's books.

Thing is, if you can put one over on Utd, it usually means you finish top of the league which isn't that pathetic really?

I'd love to see Liverpool do it, but my money's on Chelsea if they keep Terry and Essien stays fit. They looked the best team in the second half of the prem last year once Essien came back.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Yeh city's backline is questionable!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Terry's commited to [strike]money[/strike] Chelsea.

hora
    Free Member

Terry's commited to money Chelsea.

Your a young multi-millionaire with a young family and established roots…

Why the **** would you go and live in a post-industrial wasteland that is Manchester? Its not that much better than Sunderland for things to do/sights to see if your minted. If I was a rich Footballer, I wouldnt leave London.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But hora, there's a whole host of new roasting opportunities in Manchester/Cheshire/Liverpool area with all the wag wannabies. Would that not tempt you?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Man Utd’ is closed to new replies.