Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Man stuck up chimney
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Drink has always give a sense of bravado in my experience anyway, that’s why I amongst other events have been through a shop window and rode down the local rather steep high street in a shopping trolley 2 up way before the jackass lads did it.

Drac

Derek I’m no oracle but alcohol is well known for effecting people’s judgement and inhibitions, which practically everyone has pointed out to you.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

The rumours around town are he had a barney with his missus and climbed up to throw himself off.
    Wether he jumped or fell we’ll probably never know

athgray
    Free Member

It does seem odd that someone didn’t just climb up, clip a harness around him an lower him down.

No it doesn’t.

Would you climb up that ladder with a large unsecure load directly above you? I bet the fire officer in charge had to consider it in their risk assessment.

The vibrations on the ladder caused by your movement could have brought the mans body down on your head.

Your

CountZero

What hasn’t been answered, is how the bloke managed to get to the bottom of the ladder, which is 15’ from the ground, even before climbing the rest of the way to the top.

athgray
    Free Member

What hasn’t been answered, is how the bloke managed to get to the bottom of the ladder, which is 15’ from the ground, even before climbing the rest of the way to the top.

An investigation will determine this. Commenting on it here would be pure guess work of little value.

tails
    Free Member

The man has now been named and sounds like none of the things he’s been accused of in this thread. In fact he sounds like a lot of forum users. Poor chap.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Agreed

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Used his own ladders to bridge the gap apparently, started to climb about 5:30 pm when it was just dark enough for nobody to notice.

Greybeard
    Free Member

BBC article says he had mental health problems. My sympathy for his family.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Can’t get this guys story out of my head. From all accounts a family man, a loving grandad, going to counselling to deal with some trauma that had come to light. Couldn’t cope with it so in whatever state of mind he was in he decided to throw himself off the largest structure he could find only to get his foot caught and dangle upside down for over 12 hrs in the freezing cold until he either died of hypothermia or suffocated under the weight of his own organs.
    Poor bastard.

boomerlives
    Free Member

Poor bastard

So much this.

At first it sounded a bit comic, then like a youthful drunken prank gone wrong and finally a desperate act that was dragged out beyond suffering. Awful

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Man stuck up chimney’ is closed to new replies.