Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • MAN OF STEEL…
  • tcairns
    Free Member

Awesome…..anyone think differently ???

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Kevin Signfield

chewkw
    Free Member

They need to come up with some new heroes as this is getting a bit tired …

I prefer this …

Mooly
    Free Member

Yes i saw this today and thought it was very good if not a bit long.
    Problem i have is that cinemas are so loud nowadays you almost need ear muffs if you don’t want tinitus for the next week.

rwc03
    Free Member

Thought it was terrible, very disappointed. Way too much CGI and shaky cam, felt I was watching someone else play a computer game with great graphics but I couldn’t join in. Plot was minimal and didn’t make sense most of the time, Amy Adams was popping up everywhere with minimal explanation, sometimes none. I did think it was well cast but they just didn’t make use of any of the actors.

Before, I thought Zach Snyder got undeserved criticism (Watchmen was/is always going to be impossible to make into a film) but after after watching that I don’t think he should be allowed to direct again.

Poor Nolan, I just hope they don’t make a Justice League film.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Problem i have is that cinemas are so loud nowadays you almost need ear muffs if you don’t want tinitus for the next week.

ER20 ear plugs, or the equivalent:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ear-plugs-for-musicians-ER20-by-ACS-NEW-/360677480029?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item53fa0d965d

DezB
    Free Member

They do a tea and biscuits morning on a Tuesday at my local cinema. Thought you might be interested 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The most important question… does “the music” appear in the film. It wouldn’t be a superman film without it.

epicyclo

Noisy, boring, and only made worth watching by Antje Traue.

DezB
    Free Member

I have a question – do you go to such films as this with your children?
    Or are you expecting a film for grown-ups?
    I’ll go to see it with my 10 year old and expect it to be entertainment for him that I can sit through – like most super-hero films!

epicyclo

DezB – Member
    I have a question – do you go to such films as this with your children?

Don’t know about anyone else, but it was my Father’s Day “treat”.

DezB
    Free Member

Did the kid go with you? Did they enjoy it?

Lifer
    Free Member

Isn’t it just Superman 2, but shinier?

nickc

Plot was minimal and didn’t make sense

Ok, 1. This is the classic plot of the start of superman, parents send him to earth where he grows up not knowing who he is until he greats to the fortress of solitude, and discovers is destiny.
    2. General Zod is a well known Superman baddy, like the Daleks
    3. It’s a bit a fluff really, shut off the bits if your mind that worry about this kind of crap

My 12 yr old daughter did a pretty accurate critique of the plot holes, when I asked her “did it spoil it for you” her answer was instructive “nah, you don’t go to films like superman for that sort if thing”

rwc03
    Free Member

Maybe I was a tad harsh, the first act was fine, the origin and first contact worked well. The problem is I was so bored with the last act the bits of my mind that think about this crap had time to.

mrchrispy

its a 12A isnt it, think it’d be okay for a 7 year old.
    I’m desperate to go with my little lad, I’m worried about any scary bits and swearing.

DezB
    Free Member

Scary bits and swearing (and probably the whole plot spoilt!):
    Two uses of “dick”, one use of “ass” and “sh–“

rwc03
    Free Member

Plus:

A man in a bar touches a woman’s clothed buttocks.

binners

This is all well and good, but nobody is addressing the main issue here!

Why doesn’t he wear his undies over his pants any more then, eh?

DezB
    Free Member

They talked about this on an interview on the BBC last week.
    Kids would think it weird apparently… 😕

Cougar

Good point.

As any fule no, the correct way to display your underpants is to wear your jeans’ waistband somewhere around your upper thigh.

johnhe

Great movie. My 13yr old son and I both loved it. Visually fantastic. Great CGI. Great cast. And Lois Lane is much easier on the eye than in the original movies.

tcairns
    Free Member

I took my 8 year old son and he loved every bit if it. In my eyes the producer Jack Snyder (sucker punch, watchmen, 300) can do no wrong. If you want new hero’s check out PacificRim (transformers v Godzilla) hahaha crazy and next years Guardians of the Galaxy…
    You just gotta love all these comic hero’s coming to life on the screen…..just wish someone would do Judge Dredd some justice!!!

shotsaway
    Free Member

2. General Zod is a well known Superman baddy, like the Daleks

Uhhhhh? Which film were they in? 😉

lizzz
    Free Member

I quite enjoyed it actually… but going into the cinema with low expectations definitely helps!

The only part I really didn’t like was the big fight at the end, it just dragged on for a bit too long. Iron Man 3 suffered from the same thing.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘MAN OF STEEL…’ is closed to new replies.