Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Man flu top trumps.
  • zippykona

Worked out that I’ve had my cough/cold since November 23rd.
    Anyone had it longer?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

nope,
    only just over two weeks, off to burden the NHS tomorrow

jam-bo

October 29th. I was flying back from Aberdeen.

Feeling better over the last couple of days but had random Orange snot today.

Duggan

I genuinely don’t know if I’ve had one really long, mutating bug of some kind, or if I’ve just had three or four colds in a row.

I haven’t felt right since the end of November- I usually shift colds within a week or maybe ten days at a push but in the last 4 weeks or so I’ve had a week of the whole chesty cough thing, a week of the endlessly streaming nose and eyes thing, a week of what felt like sinusitis and the last couple of days I even thought I’d got the flu as I was struggling to get off the couch.

For the love of God, when will it end *falls to knees and beseech’s the sky*

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve died, literally, five times so far since before Christmas.
    I’m currently dying now.
    It’s most frustrating.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

A month and a week here, seriously what is this bug about? Never have/had this since ever

scaredypants

WCA has Legionella from his sex-pond

… and hence, presumably, also the clap

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pretty much all of november and most of december had a sore throat, absolutely no energy, bit of a cough and intermittently running nose.. just starting to have the energy to ride again. Fitness gone off a cliff.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Duggan you seem to be describing what I’ve had/having. Bizarre. Third cold so far within three weeks.

Duggan

Swedishmatt- yeah it’s never-ending. I think usually by now I would have considered going to the doctors after 4 weeks of it but I’ve heard a few people describe similar symptoms so guessing/hoping that it’s just a bug which will have to go away sooner or later?!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Since mid October I’ve had a headcold that lasted approx 10 days,had about a week back to normal then got some proper bone aching virus that lasted 4/5 weeks,just started getting over that & 8 days ago I picked up something that feels like a really strong headcold combined with sore throat / loss of voice,lots of shivering then mad sweats.I’ve spent the last few days producing my body weight in snot & coughing up green toxic bio culture.I would have been worried if it was just me but at work everyone’s been suffering.
    I’m beginning to wonder if some dodgy government is subjecting us to some germ warfare experiment? 😯

AndyRT
    Free Member

What is that exact joy in life for a cold? Does it some how manifest a malevolent sense of humour for debilitating men to beyond the point of death?

jools182
    Free Member

Mines very poor, started coughing Friday night, spent all day Saturday and Sunday in bed

Can’t move. Puked twice last night. Haven’t slept properly yet. I tried to get to the shop over the road today (1 or 2 minutes walk) and couldn’t get there, dizzy and weak

It’s rubbish

hairyscary

jam bo – Member
    October 29th. I was flying back from Aberdeen

Mine started about this time, along with a lot of people at work. I’m Aberdeen based.

I got rid of it after about 3 weeks but have another cold now 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had it for 3 days 2 weeks before Xmas, then it came back on Boxing day, I’ve been off a week & still feel crap so I’m having few more days off till I’m right. Luminous snot & phlegm like custard. 🙄

Drac

Nope as normal gone within 3 days.

willej

I went to the out of hours doctor today and he confirmed I’ve torn one of my intercostal muscles from coughing so much and so hard. Feels like I’m being stabbed every time I cough. Got a course of erythromycin too. I’m going to work tomorrow.

vickypea
    Free Member

I caught one at the end of Nov, went straight to my sinuses and chest and stayed for about 2 and a half weeks, but felt really, really tired for a few days before and afterwards too.

cookeaa

I had close to a two month cold right through September and October this year, I think it was actually a succession of incremenatlly mutating colds bought home from school by our eldest. But it really wore me down.

Had the Orange snot, was told that it’s apparently it’scaused by blood from, the ruptured vessels in the walls of your packed sinuses, mixing with the already neon yellow snot blocking them. Careful it doesn’t develop into an infection.

I have been unnervingly well over the last month, just tired and lots, but I think that’s just mild SADS.

Xylene
    Free Member

Cough now for 4 weeks, cold that wiped me out for two and made me miss my second race ever.

Cough is irritating, and hasn’t let up, but is intermittent, then last night just before I went to sleep I remembered the precontract 3 months ago health check where the doctor said – looks like a nodule there in that chest xray come back in a few months and see if it has gone…….a great way to try and go to sleep on the night before returning to work after the holidays.

jimster01

Had a chest infection for three weeks now, which has led to a suspected detached retina, a major relapse at the weekend unable to do a thing and completely **** with life in general.

jimster01

Had a chest infection for three weeks now, which has led to a suspected detached retina, a major relapse at the weekend unable to do a thing and completely **** with life in general.

jimster01

Goddamn illness related triple post!!

natrix
    Free Member

Had the virus for a few weeks, then a chest infection which ended up with a trip to A&E (on the advice of a paramedic on the 111 line) followed by a 3 day stay in the local hospital.

The intravenous anitibiotics sorted the little germy swine out though 😀

hot_fiat

Caught something before Christmas which turned into a bladder infection. STW’s diagnosis was death by the end of the week. I’m still here.

willej

I cracked a rib coughing, on Saturday night.

allthepies
    Free Member

I think it’s over 2 years since my last cold.

Toodle pip.

zippykona

I think it’s over 2 years since my last cold.

Toodle pip.

Kiss Of Death.

Vortexracing

It’s been over a week for me and still can’t shift it.

I’m not long for this world 🙁

jimster01

Just finished third course of antibiotics, seems to have sorted something out.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

I caught whooping cough last year, lasted like 4-5 months.

Seriously i thought that was some Victorian shit >.>

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Man Flu, tis but a scratch in the virus scale.

May I raise you an ear infection, so painful I’m considering inserting a red hot poker in the opposing ear to equalize the agony.

sanername

November 16th I thought I had flu.
    After 3 days went to the doctor as I was getting married in 10 days.
    Turns out I had spinal infection.
    Missed my stag do.
    Was better for the wedding.
    Then wife and I spent our first week of marriage in bed…

With flu with our 9 month old son.

bigyinn
    Free Member

How on earth do you get a spinal infection? 😯

footflaps

I genuinely don’t know if I’ve had one really long, mutating bug of some kind, or if I’ve just had three or four colds in a row.

Likewise, I had this weird cold on and off since late December that mutated to a fever last Friday, and then left me unable to leave the sofa all WE. Come Monday I seem to be back to normal….

jimster01

Ffs, just had another relapse,ok I’d over done it last week,woke up Saturday morning and felt like I’d been hit by a steam roller, hot and achey. Quiet weekend and a decent curry later and I’m ok for work.

woody21
    Free Member

It’s wicked, I can’t lie my back or sit up straight otherwise I get chronic chest pains and pins and needles in my left arm

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I woke up dead early Decenber. Corporeal coughing, hurty chest, headache behind eyes. It lasted until 22nd. It went away until visited friends who had similar on 26th, then returned for two further weeks. My workout schedule is destroyed. Weirdly tired on and off. At least not now coughing my a*se up which is a bonus. Is this getting old or is this 2014/15 superflu caused by unconnected externalities – ie political and religious extremists/rise of fascism combined with mild weather?

NZCol

And there was me all smug thinking I had escaped. Wife had proper woman flu week before last and whole weekend in bed which is very unusual, as in I have never seen that! Daughter has been snotty for what feels like months and since last Monday i have had sore chest, headaches, snot, massive cough. Feel like death warmed up today not helped by being not quite sick enough to not be at work.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I came down with a stinker of a cold around the 21st December, took a good 10 days to get rid of it, then came down with a real stinker of a cough & cold the second time round. It hasn’t gone yet, but I reckon another 3-4 days & it should have left me.

Pretty fed up, i’ve been ill for over a month now – i’m never normally ill.

Started riding to work again last week & other exercise, now I feel like i’m not going to die from walking up the stairs. Still finding my snot production levels beyond epic though 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Man flu top trumps.’ is closed to new replies.