Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Man down – BJ Doherty (soulrider)
  • Rich_s
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

😔

cynic-al
    Free Member

All-round good guy, and much more. RIP.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Stand down BJ.
    Was a pleasure to know you Pal.

gozarch
    Free Member

☹️ RIP soulrider

DPM

😢 enjoyed the times we spent with you BJ. Keep on riding x

scotroutes

A few folk on here will have seen his back as he cycled past them 😉

Absolute gem of a man.

swavis

RIP Beej 😥

Houns

A top bloke whom I only met a couple of times, but he was there for me when I was at rock bottom

Thanks Beej

tjagain

One of the good guys. He will be missed

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep just felt empty last night when i heard this. Life sucks at times.

I can deal with people dying , i can’t deal with people i know being killed by other people in circumstances outwith their control that they did not sign up for.

RIP BEEJ , The sunrise lap on the 20th is all yours.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s really the worst news, I can’t imagine how it is for his wife and young kids.

I’ve raced against him, ridden with him and generally had a laugh with him off the bike and he was always funny, friendly and often forthright. A real loss.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

A total shock yesterday when I heard.

RIP BJ

jedi

Rip soulrider

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I only met him a few times and he was a genuine top bloke. RIP BJ

amedias
    Free Member

Just heard the news via another friend, totally lost for words and have the wobbly lip now.

Spent a cracking couple of weekends camping at 24/12 with him and family, top guy and a real loss 🙁

TheSanityAssassin

mlehworld is mourning one of our own. Incredibly sad news for all that knew and loved such a lovely fella. Rest In Peace, mate.

Stupid.is
    Free Member

Again lost for words. A man who always had a smile on his face, time for anyone and a loving family. It’s going to a little dimmer at 24/12 this year.

ton

so sad to hear this. my thoughts go out to soulriders family. rest in peace mate.

soobalias
    Free Member

shit news

seosamh77
    Free Member

Rest in peace. Sorry to hear this.

DezB
    Free Member

Awful news. Thoughts to his family.

devs
    Free Member

It’s a real gut wrencher this. 3 of us rode the trails he made as an MTB pioneer in this area last night. He was the reason I got into mountain biking proper and I spent a lot of time watching his rear wheel disappear into the distance on rides. He was due back here next month after years being forced to ride roads down in the flatlands. It’s so unfair. I too will give him a lap at the puffer and I’ll have a dram for him at the end. R.I.P. BJ. It was an honour and a pleasure to know you.

jamj1974

Dreadful news. Thinking of his family and his friends – both here and elsewhere.

hairyscary

Utterly shite news. Top bloke who will be sorely missed. RIP BJ 😢

jkomo

Sorry to hear this sad news. Really sad.

Speshpaul

A gentleman.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Awful news to hear. RIP and thoughts to his Family.

gnusmas

RIP soulrider, and sincerest of condolences to his family and friends.

nbt

Not a man I know personally, but still awful news to hear. Condolences to (apparently numerous) friends and family

wwaswas

I didn’t know soulrider except through what he posted on here but the loss of someone in ‘my’ community is still an emotional blow – goodness knows what it’s like for those that knew him.

Condolences to his friends and family.

scuttler

Never met him but seen him on here. I just read some his posting history and seemed like a top all round decent bloke – helpful, insightful, witty, to the point. The post about engaging with inconsiderate drivers jammed me in my tracks.

Super sad and condolences to his family and friends.

senorj

Very sad . Condolences to family and friends.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Keep trying to write something succinct but fitting, and keep failing.

Instead I will repost what my eldest lad wrote elsewhere:

‘BJ was such a great guy and always really supportive of myself and Zach as we were growing up. He’ll be missed.’

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Dreadful news. As you say Devs, with him due to move back to Moray in a few weeks time, an area he loved so much, makes the news even worse somehow.

BJ showed me round some of the Moray trails he’d been involved in building many years ago. Always recall him being very encouraging to new and young riders. Such a tragic loss – can’t imagine how hard things will be for his wife and young kids having a couple a similar age. RIP pal.

lowey

Didnt really know Soulrider, but evidently a top bloke from the posts above. Deepest condolences to family and friends. Horrible.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Terrible news. RIP and thoughts with his family and friends.

blastit
    Free Member

Sad News

pocpoc
    Free Member

Sad news. RIP

jojoA1
    Free Member

Have resurrected my account on here to add my words. BJ is a huge loss to us so I can’t imagine how it is for his family.
    I have been spurred (why does it take a tragedy) to get my bikes trail-worthy-one booked in for payday on Tuesday and carpé that motherf****g diem.
    Tomorrow may be too late.
    Stay safe people x

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.