Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Man & Boy :Ed Oxley
  • B-_good_effort
    Free Member

Thanks Ed, really enjoyed your story. Written simply and without a self-reverential ego.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

what is this about ?

isn’t Ed Oxley a detective in “LA Confidential” ?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

that’s Ed Exley Simon.

this is about an article in the new mag, i assume.

miketually
    Free Member

Is this in the new mag? Does that mean it’ll be there when I get home?

Ed-O
    Free Member

B-_good_effort – Thanks 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

seems to do lots of good articles does ed ….

really enjoyed his solo encounter with the puffer couple years back !

watly_biker
    Free Member

Great article – hope my daughter can encourage me to try doing jumps –
    I’ll wait till she is older than 5 though…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that’s Ed Exley Simon.

😳

miketually
    Free Member

Yes, a great article again Ed. Reminded me of starting MTBing with my dad in 91 or 92, though that was all about not giving up on the climbs before he did.

retro83
    Free Member

haven’t read Ed’s article yet but i enjoyed the fell runner article.

Chrissy Akrigg is a kewl dood

ade
    Free Member

As a dad to a 2.5 year old boy, this really got me. I can’t wait until the day I can go riding proper bikes with him, and my biggest hope is that he enjoys mountain biking as much as I do.

I’ve suggested my wife reads it to, to understand what goes on in my head 🙂

wors

Read it last night, very good. Particularly like the picture of the 2 of you in the pub and he’s necking the rest of your pint!

Brings back memories of my dads home brew!

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Also enjoyed Ed’s article. It’s the sort of writing that makes Singletrack worth buying above all the other mtb mags. Give him a pay rise!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Agree, really nice article Ed.

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto. Enjoyed it too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, particularly enjoyed this article.

The whole mag was better than it has been in recent months too actually, even though I don’t have much interest in racing.

Benji’s uplift article was fun and the “Day in the life of MTBing” feature was original and interesting.

If I can make a minor criticism, it annoys me a bit that the long-termers section seems a bit of a waste of space when the reports just explain how the writer has changed a stem or something. We want to know how the bikes ride!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

picked the mag up yesterday and read ed’s article whilst sat in the dentist’s waiting room. great stuff. definitely made me do some re-evaluating of things… things i think i’ve left too late to change, sadly.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Agree entirely about the long-termers section. The cannondale one is fine but the other two are a complete waste of space, who cares what expensive bits the journos have blagged to adorn their free bikes….. tell us how they ride or at the very least what difference to the ride swapping the bits around makes. It would also be nice to know how the bikes are aging, what’s wearing out, what’s needed adjusting etc… etc.

ChrisS
    Free Member

Disclaimer: “Haven’t read Ed’s piece yet (still struggling to get past the beard).”

My son isn’t really interested in bikes much, doesn’t stop me spending time with him doing other things though, <heresy> believe it or not there is more to life than bikes </heresy>. So don’t be too hard on yourself if your offspring don’t share your obsession, it doesn’t stop you having a great relationship with them.

retro83
    Free Member

read it now 🙂 great article

MrNutt
    Free Member

the pictures are damn good too, especially the one with Ed in the air and the boy railing in front. all good stuff.

Bunnyhop

We’ve started riding with my 6 year old nephew, who’s really keen. So we’re looking forward to the future when he’ll be out on the local trails. He just needs to stop falling off!

Ed’s son is a looker too, he’ll be breaking some young lady’s heart when he’s older.

Michael-B
    Free Member

I agree 100% with chakaping tuck the words right out of my mouth.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Man & Boy :Ed Oxley’ is closed to new replies.