Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • making your b-stard frame,,,, thoughts please
  • oreetmon
    Free Member

i have access to equipment, materials and people with know how (i work at a NW college with like minded pals who are keen to help)

i wont be using double butted tubing just bogstandard steel tubes BUT ive got to give it a go just for a laugh if anything.

using the 456 geom’ as a template but thinking of putting a bigger head tube/seat tube on it just to see what it feels like, i have access to the correct size tubing and i have cheap spare kit to install.

thats as far as i have got so far.

ideas welcomed (whackier the better) or opinions on geom’ maybe

first frame is going to be a (VERY HEAVY) DH,HT frame,,, please remember,,,this is just for fun 😀

opinion welcome.

saladdodger
    Free Member

definatly a longer head tube if it was me

oreetmon
    Free Member

agreed salad,

tis the only thing that has annoyed me about the current 456,,,, im thinking kinked top tube if i can convince those with access to the machines.

any more opinions, the usual experts seem to be busy tonight 😕

saladdodger
    Free Member

ok perhaps a softer back end but that is a bit more involved and I know fug all about butting and tubing tensile strength

But you will not go far wrong with the 456 angles

sorry nowt else constructive to say realy

oreetmon
    Free Member

looks like all the ‘experts’ are tucked up 😐

dont agree with a softer back end, had a few HT and the 456 seems just right, the HT however has always been a weak point for me.

thanks for the opinion though. 😉

bed time now for me, to many zoobs.

saladdodger
    Free Member

do you not mean “exspurts” also known as drips under pressure

oreetmon
    Free Member

😀 sorry NO, these ayed chaps have been in the engineering game for donkeys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘making your b-stard frame,,,, thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.