Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Making the Thomson dropper remote even better…
  • stevied
    Free Member

I initially made this for my KS remote and it worked well. Changed to the Thomson dropper as my KS failed again and it works even better. Fits perfectly on a 1x drivechain.
    I’m also toying with the idea of making a few to sell so if you’re interested drop me an email..

mattbee

I really want one of those.

stevied
    Free Member

With the KS remote:

Cable routing is great:

fudge9202
    Free Member

Looks good would be interested for a Thomson. Remote

mcnultycop

I just bought a southpaw. Nice action.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I would possibly be interested depending on what dropper I order. What KS did you have? I have just got a refund for my Thomson dropper as it has started to work loose and develop play twice in the last 10 months. Was thinking of a KS lev.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Also that’s a rather interesting looking light you have there. What is it?

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Definitely want – will it also work with the new Thomson remotes that have the screw? (Irritating decision, could have just got a nice crank brothers remote)

stevied
    Free Member

@johnnyboy: I had the Lev. Failed twice on me so got a refund and replaced with a Thomson. The light is a homemade hobbies, 7 x XML 2 with over 7000 lumens 😉

@gnarly
    : I’ve got one of the latest ones, I think, and it has a screw to fix it on the clamp on the bars.

stevied
    Free Member

If I can get 10 people wanting these then they would be £12 including postage 😀

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

In that case I will say yes.

rocketman
    Free Member

Hmm sorry not for me. I like the way the Thomson remote sits flush with the inboard lock ring but good luck anyway

stof41
    Free Member

I’ll take 2 please.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m in. Just sent you an email in fact

coogan
    Free Member

KS Lev Integra now comes with a under bar switch. Mine has it. It’s ace. Designed for 10 or 11 speed set up. You can kinda see it here, don;t have a closer picture.

jam-bo

is it wrong to have floorboard envy?

stevied
    Free Member

Can those who are interested, but not emailed me, please drop me an email as I can keep everything together.

steve_dees @ hotmail.com

Cheers
    Steve

mattbee

Done.

zerocool

When is someone going to design a better aftermarket Reverb remote? One that works better with both SRAM and Shimano Brakes/gears as the standard one seems to be designed to NOT work well with anything.

Tom KP

stevied
    Free Member

The list is growing 😀

Here’s who I’ve got so far (if you’re not on the list and would like one of these please drop me an email as it’s easier to keep a record of who’s who: steve_dees@hotmail.com)

Galvin Mac..
    James Serj..
    Gwynn Will..
    Matt Bail..
    Chris Mah..
    Llew Thom..
    John Gat..
    John Fras..

Couple more takers and we should be good to go…

stevied
    Free Member

Here’s a few pics of the newer design. Basically the same as the original but the screw that clamps the adaptor to the bars is not set in the remote clamp diameter. Much neater..
    Need to double check it all fits ok but looking good 🙂

Old version (note the screw at the bottom at the clamp)

New, improved version

stevied
    Free Member

Good news!
    For all those interested in these I’ve now made a start but am having to do them in my own time so may take a little while to get them all done. Trying to squeeze them in during break/lunch times so could take a week to get them all done..
    I’ll be in touch with those who are interested later this week to let you know how I’m getting on 😀
    Steve

mattbee

Cool beans!

mtbfix

Er, am I missing something?

philwarren11
    Free Member

I’d love something like this for my Specialized Command Post.

Is that just a 31.8mm diameter to fit the remote onto? If it is i can use my command post lever with it.

stevied
    Free Member

It’s a 22.2mm diameter to fit onto the diameter where the grips and controls go. Don’t think you’d have 31.8mm bars all the way along 😉

The idea of this is that it means the remote can be run at 90 degrees to its original fitting. Looking at the command post remote it looks like it should work.

philwarren11
    Free Member

lol. Good point.

Let me check the exit angle when mounted at 90 degrees and if its better count me in.

jamj1974

I am interested in one for a KS Lev if you do another run Steve.

stevied
    Free Member

@jamj: I’m still in a position to add more to the list if you’re interested. Drop me an e-mail if you’d like me to add you..
    steve_dees at hotmail.com

andyl
    Free Member

I am wondering how this would work with a reverb remote.

Will try and have a play with my remote tomorrow and see. I ended up making new shifter mounts to get it in the right place and have considered making my own reverb remote!

stevied
    Free Member

@andyl:
    Be interested to see if it could be a benefit to the reverb remote. I’ve not really looked at that option..

stevied
    Free Member

All done 😀

AlexSimon

Nicely done!
    I love the fact that there are always little areas of innovation to find in bikes, even with all the big brands involved.

The Rad Cage is another really good example of that.

zerocool

I would be interested if you managed to make one that sorted out the reverb remote (actually I’d have 2)

thorpedo

Received mine today and its a great solution – very well made too.

Thanks

mattbee

Really nice bit of kit, very happy with it. It almost matches my XX shifter clamp too!

accu
    Free Member

very nice !!..
    just found this thread too late ..
    is there any chance for a second run, or one left, please ?

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday, can’t try it until my lev arrives but looks awesome. Cheers!

mactheknife

Stevie, do you have any of these left, if so ill take 1.

Email in profile 🙂

Ta

stevied
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. I may have a couple spare but waiting to hear back from my mate out in Canada.
    I’ll update here if there are any spares left asap.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Making the Thomson dropper remote even better…’ is closed to new replies.