Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Making non stick pans less sticky
  • beamers

Anyone have any old wives tale type tips for making non stick pans less sticky? Our’s seem to be getting stickier over time.

Ta

Eggbox
    Free Member

Unfortunately, sounds like you need a new one, they don’t last so long in my experience.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Old Wive’s Tale?

Throw it out and get a decent proper frying pan that doesn’t slowly deposit its coating in your dinner…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Definitely dying. Dont worry about the teflon, it wont hurt. Buy a proper pan and dont scrub it clean every time (tip from a chef friend of mine) – if you leave a coating of burnt-on stuff at the bottom (not thick, just wash around a bit with a scrubber but dont try too hard) eventually it’ll stop sticking. This is how they did it before teflon 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yup, it’s dead. Get a new pan.

sobriety
    Free Member

Forget Teflon, hard anodized aluminium is your friend.

willard

Cast iron is your friend. Just let the oil infuse it and it will stop sticking.

wwaswas

get a proper stainless one with a laminated base.

you can scrub for ever and not damage them.

I’ve had one for 17 years and it still looks like new.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Forget Teflon, hard anodized aluminium is your friend.

For a bit anyway.

Still goes sticky, but after 5 years rather than 1. Although I’m considering having a go at it with some fine glass-paper to see if I can make it flat again.

And don’t bother with the lifetime warranty ones it doesn’t cover the non-stick surface going non-non-stick.

Joe

druidh
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

get a proper stainless one with a laminated base.

you can scrub for ever and not damage them.

I’ve had one for 17 years and it still looks like new.

Meyer??

funkynick

Black iron is what you want… just season it properly (or just cook in it a lot and don’t wash it unless you really have to, wipe it out with an oily tissue) and it’ll be non-stick and last forever. If you manage to muck it up then just scrub it well and start again, and you can still use metal implements without fear of scratching them. They are dead cheap as well, my current one only cost 5 quid from a catering supplier…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Making non stick pans less sticky’ is closed to new replies.