Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Making hay while the sun shines……
  • TomB

I’m not sure there is a better place in England to ride bikes than the northern Lake District when the sun is shining in late spring. Happy Thursday!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You win the internet today!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

’m not sure there is a better place in England the UK to ride bikes than the northern Lake District when the sun is shining in late spring. Happy Thursday!

FTFY mate!.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Gosh, that looks awfully nice. That part of the lakes is just the best – where were you riding?

TomB

That’s Grisedale Pike summit, just a quick morning out with the dog and a descent off Hobcarton end. Possibly a bit too dusty?!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Rubbish, I can think of  somewhere

lowey

Jesus Christ Tom.

You Utter bastard.

scuttler

Possibly a bit too dusty?!

That’s like complaining about the quality of the sellotape on your main best ever christmas present.

I love NW Lakes.

Max…
    Free Member

Best fooking week’s weather all year and I put my back out Monday morning. Took me ten minutes just to get up the stairs – it sucks getting old so much. Fnnnrrgghhhurrr..

fathomer

Looks ace, bloody love the Lakes. I might have an opportunity to head up Grisedale on Wednesday, is the descent back into the woods worth the effort up?

TomB

A few options, Fathomer. If starting from Braithwaite then the mine track and push up to coledale hause let you come round sand hill, hopegill head then on to GP, then the long descent north off to Braithwaite. If time is short, parking at Whinlatter gives you height gain, then easy ascent to top of south loop puts you a good way up GP, then ride/push/carry to the top. From there you could reverse your route for Techy fun and come back on to the forest below Heavysides (stile) or take the fun descent to Hobcarton end, which is a bit open and nondescript to start but becomes a lovely ribbon of foot-wide singletrack, culminating in a little enduro track through the woods in to revelin moss (right fork on the plateau when you reach the trees. All good!

cromolyolly
    Free Member

How long did it take you to teach the dog to ride and why isn’t he wearing a helmet?

brakes
    Free Member

your mutt is spoiling the view
    #jealous

Scienceofficer
    Free Member
    scuttler

@scienceofficer
    Stoneycroft to Sail? Where after – soooo many choices.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

@Scuttler

stair – outerside – sail – crag hill – grasmoor – Lad Hows – back on the sheep track on the lower flanks of whiteless Pike to under scar crag – catbells.

vongassit
    Free Member

I’ve had to make do.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Oh sod off!

I’ve been travelling with work all week on shitty little cross country trains and had three nights in various travelodges and you start posting this shit up!

scuttler

Mega Scienceofficer!!

However that ‘back on the sheep track on the lower flanks of whiteless Pike to under scar crag’ is the phenomenal Rigg Beck, high speed thrills after all that nadgery tech. It deserves to be named.

fathomer

@TomB thanks for that. I’ll be going up from Whinlatter and down to the enduro trail I think. I don’t get to the Lakes often but actually went up to the mine and Coledale Hause last weekend on the way to Whiteless Pike, don’t fancy that again Amy time soon 😀

grannyjone
    Free Member

North Lakes beats the South Lakes. Only thing I’ve done in the South Lakes that I’ve rated is Nan Bield Pass. I don’t get to the North Lakes often as its further, but when I have been it’s always been great.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Making hay while the sun shines……’ is closed to new replies.