Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Making Cycling E-asier: Trikes added to range of options
  • stwhannah

Cycling UK’s ‘Making cycling e-asier’ scheme gives people a chance to try out an e-bike for a whole month before taking the plunge and buying one. Thi …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Making Cycling E-asier: Trikes added to range of options

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

chevychase

I don’t really see this as a net good if it means old ladies go from struggling to walk to electrically-assisted tricycles.

Struggling to walk to the shop is literally the only exercise my mum gets. It works up a sweat. She often takes a seat halfway on the way there and back.

She does literally no other exercise. And this is not uncommon in her peer group at all.

If the journeys being replaced by e-trikes are car journeys then more power to them. But given the limited amount of exercise being undertaken by significant numbers of the elderly if this replaces desparately-needed movement under their own muscle, under their own steam, then this is a really dangerous step IMO.

wheelsonfire1

Yeah, make the elderly suffer…

ads678

At least they’re pedalling and not just riding a mobility scooter.

matt_outandabout

All this is A Good Thing.
    I do have concerns over our current cycling infrastructure and trikes – so many dafty narrows to stop illegal motorbikes, let along racks to lock those or heaven forbid a car owner seeing one of them in ‘their’ parking space at the Co-Op….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.