• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by trout.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Making a Bluetooth speaker using
  • trout
    Free Member

one of these Bluetooth amplifier board

I have some speakers kicking around and spotted this on youtube so just wondering if anyone has experience of these things

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you get it to work I will buy one off you

stuey
    Free Member

bitd- I made a few ‘suitcase’ amp/speakers – so interesting find.
    However I doubt that little board is 50w output. 🙂

oldnpastit

The spec for the power amp on there (TDA7492P) says 25W+25W. It’s a class D amp, not your grandad’s class A.

The TDA7492P is a dual BTL class-D audio amplifier with single power supply, designed for LCD TVs and monitors.

Thanks to the high efficiency and exposed-pad-down (EPD) package no heatsink is required.

pk13

Ha I’ve just finished one using bits of stuff ordered from the great mountain of crap that is Ali express.

Custom built box
    Blue tooth amp with power 12/24v input
    The amp has 3.5 in for wired
    Will dig out the bits I ordered

It’s the unit on your link it’s a bit buzzy when it first connects and the sound is ok I used cheapo speakers I was surprised on how good it is BT range is very good tbh

kayak23

Kitronik do a kit. Not sure it’s what you’re after mind.
    I’ve built a iPod speaker in an ammo box with one of their kits.

Kitronik

righog
    Free Member

One my to do list was to build a speaker with one of these, but the bluetooth option might be a better idea

Ebay amp

to look a bit like this although if I do it will no doubt be a bit rougher than this

trout
    Free Member

Awesome thats the sort of thing I was thinking about ammo box or wooden or any thing else I find

Cougar

That speaker needs to go in “Argh, my eye!”

mattyfez

That speaker cab looks like a surprised Owl.

I approve.

Del

Class d? [Gags]

That wooden cabinet is nicely done. Wants grills really.

mattyfez

Cougar – Moderator
    That speaker needs to go in “Argh, my eye!”

I’m guessing it’s one of them modern 2 way speakers where there is a joint on the built in tweeter so you can angle it.

CountZero

Love the little wooden speaker, that’s just too cute!
    There’s a bloke in the States who has got quite a business turning suitcases and kids lunch boxes into portable speakers, he buys old hifi speakers and second-hand car audio speakers, and hunts down nice old travel cases to fit them into; that ammo box, with a larger pair of speakers in the bottom corners with mid/tweeters above and inset slightly would be brilliant, maybe ported around the back as well.
    I’d love one like it.

trout
    Free Member

Forgive me ignorance but what is class D Amp and is it so bad .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Making a Bluetooth speaker using’ is closed to new replies.