Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • "make sure you frame has at least 180 mm of exposed seatpost"????
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Interested in buying a KS Lev 150mm dropper. Checked out this review, and saw that it said:

The only caveat is these posts need more exposed seatpost so make sure you frame has at least 180 mm of exposed seatpost before seeking out these 150 mm travel KS Levs.

Dunno if I’m being thick, but what does that mean?My frame has no seatpost exposed because it is a frame?

Junkyard
    Free Member

at least 180 mm of the seat post exposed above the frame in your normal riding position

Northwind

If your seatpost doesn’t stick out of the frame far enough, then you can’t fit the dropper because it has a minimum length of 180mm (the 150mm of drop, plus a wee bit more)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Ok, so if I stuck the seatpost into the seat tube as far as it would go, and raised the same to its highest point, that would be the 180mm?

So as long as I’m happy with that I’ll be ok?

STATO
    Free Member

Ok, so if I stuck the seatpost into the seat tube as far as it would go, and raised the same to its highest point, that would be the 180mm?

Yes.

Put your current seatpost at the highest you would use it, measure, if it greater than 180mm then your fine.

If your current seat height is shorter than 180mm then when you pop the KS upto maximum height your feet wont reach the pedals.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do not understand what you mean

measure the seatpost that is exposed – above/out of the frame[above the seatpost clamp whilst it is in your normal seating position for riding.

If this measures more than 180 mm you can fit one if it measures less than 180 you cannot

glasgowdan
    Free Member

If the KS is slammed down to the frame and you extend it to it’s longest position then the saddle rail to frame is approx 180mm.

So, if you currently have a rigid post and, when in the climbing/pedalling position, the saddle rails to frame is 180mm or longer, then you’re fine.

Chances are you’re fine.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cool. Cheers guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘"make sure you frame has at least 180 mm of exposed seatpost"????’ is closed to new replies.