Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Make a buffalo out of a buffoon
  • stwhannah

Totally unsanctioned, unofficial, non-corporate post here!

I’ve been trying to think of what to do to protest the fact that I live in a country that is courting the Trump baffoon. He stands for everything I think is wrong in the world, but I fear jumping up and down and shouting about him is only going to fuel his sense of self importance and self righteous anger. So instead I want to try and do something which stands for all that I believe can be good in the world. Hopefully some of you will help:

World Bicycle Relief has match funding until 3rd August, so donations are doubled. What better way to stand against Trump’s values than to get a whole generation of girls onto bikes and into education?

You can donate here: https://worldbicyclerelief.org/en/donation-uk/

If you mention STW or the forum in the comment with your donation, we’ll be able to keep track of how many buffalo bikes we can rustle up 🙂

Many thanks,

Hannah

Cougar

I’ve stickied this for you, Hannah.  Good luck.

stwhannah

Thanks Cougar! [stealth lunch time bump].

stwhannah

Whoop! Thanks to Mintimperial! Anyone else in?

juggins

Not much I am afraid but have donated.

stwhannah

Thanks juggins, it all adds up and it all counts. Thanks again!

v8ninety

Donated 👍🏼

midlifecrashes

Bad day for STW (and pretty much any inclusive service or community) if the staff are politicising the forums.

v8ninety

Hmmm.

Firstly, ironically, Trump pretty much stands for everything that is non-inclusive, divisive, nasty, racist, misogynistic. Plus it’s bikes for kids in Malawi. Plus Hanna states in her post that it’s non sanctioned and unofficial. Also, it’s an Internet forum, run by mountain bikers. Who said it had to be completely politically impartial?

jamj1974

Done.  Totally agree Hannah!

stwhannah

Thanks very much V8 and Jamj!

Midlifecrashes – what V8 said.

jamj1974

No worries.  It’s a great idea.

kcal

done. happy to help.

stwhannah

Thanks kcal – I think we’ve now managed six bikes and a few extra spokes with the match funding – result.

MrOvershoot

1 bike donated,

In memory of my mum who did so much charity work in Africa & would have hated the thought of that orange slimeball coming here on an official visit. He represents everything she hated. Greed, ignorance & divisive politics.

stwhannah

Thanks MrOvershoot. Your mum sounds ace.

singlespeedmtb
    Free Member

Done, 1 bike 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

**** yes, have a bike 🙂

edit- I forgot to put STW on the donation.

andybrad

not a lot, sorry

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Thanks Hannah, another bike added and I just made it in time for the matching.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Done.

cheese@4p

Great cause. Well done Hannah

Donated

Greybeard
    Free Member

I donated £50 plus gift aid on 26th, but hadn’t seen this thread. With match that should be a bike and most of a toolkit.

stwhannah

Just seen all the donations on the WBR page mentioning STW. Thanks you lot. You’re fab.

Kamakazie

£45ish from works end of month event. Added by someone else so no STW mention I’m afraid.

paulhaycraft

Didn’t see this thread initially. Just in the nick of time…

funkrodent

Done, only a small amount but all for a good cause, in a good cause! Made the matched funding as well..

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Make a buffalo out of a buffoon’ is closed to new replies.