Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Majorca Routes
  • buenfoxa
    Free Member

Only been once before and did Puig Major, Sa Calobra and Formentor rides all from a base in Port de Pollença.

Going again next Thursday for 5 days, again based out of Port de Pollença and looking for some inspiration on routes.

Still think I’ll be going Sa Calobra and Formentor but anyone got any recommendations for some good routes (maps?) – Sant Salvador looks a good route for a flat day ride?

mrb123
    Free Member

Get one of the Mallorca cycling maps. Available on Amazon. All the best roads are marked and it’s pretty easy to plan routes with that.

Also, get the bike bus to Andradx and ride back from there.

infidel
    Free Member

Lovely route from Pollensa through Caimari up Col Sa Batalla and back down Sa Femina. One of my favourites using the little roads out of Pollensa to Caimari.

Also a loop up Sa Batalla then across to Alaro up Orient and up the south climb of Soller before heading back across past the little road to Sa Calobra, and back to Pollensa down Femina is a great ride.

I’d echo the Andradx comment, the ride through Deia to Andradx is great

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    i_like_food

I’d definitely head south west and check out the monastery climbs at Felantix and Randa, both lovely climbs and a nice break from the mountains. I’ve got loads of gpx routes, pm me your email and I’ll send some over when I’m back home in a few days.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

https://www.komoot.com/tour/96768537

I’ll second the monastery climbs.

This was the “big day out” loop I put together for last time we were out in October. The roads North of Manacor to Arta are IMO some of the best on the island. Worth 2.6 Audax AAA points too if that’s your thing.

linusr

A 1:100,000 scale cycle maps of the island is available in almost every bike shop. http://mallorcabike.info/mbenglish.htm

Lots of quiet roads in the triangle between Porta Pollenca, Pollenca and Alcudia. You could head south to the town of Muro where you can have a very nice buffet lunch (1pm to 3pm) with all the locals in a cafe/restaurant called Sa Fonda (closed Tuesday). Lovely old photos of the town inside.

Also some off-road tracks through the nature reserve south of Alcudia. You’re supposed to pick up a free cycle day pass from the visitor centre.

buenfoxa
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations – the monasteries route looks just the ticket.

Will bare the map in mind aswell.

pedlad

Road ? Yes back road out of polenca then big climb to monastery and back is great.

jkomo

Lovely ride from Andradx to PdP, it’s a bus trip out, ride back.

singletrackmind

I have loads of routes looped out from port de pollensa
    They are the Stuart Hall cycling ones , inc Andratx
    PM me and i will see if i can ping you the gpx’s

buenfoxa
    Free Member

I can confirm the monasteries ride suggested in this thread is excellent – thanks for your all suggestions had a great time.

butcher

Definitely head south west. You don’t necessarily have the big climbs and views you have in the North, but it makes up for it with the quiet country lanes and chilled rural atmosphere. You don’t even have to head far, you’re straight out into the countryside from PP.

Nicer riding than contending with the traffic and buses.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Majorca Routes’ is closed to new replies.