Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Maisonary paint
  • ffati
    Free Member

Need to repaint the house and seeing as I have a bit of time on my hands might as well do it now.

Only problem is local builders merchant is closed.

Anyone recommend a good paint (sandtex is my default) and where I can get some?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Toolstation do Sandtex paint and are allowing click and collect or delivery.

nedrapier

Is the house french?

jimw
    Free Member

It’s expensive, but I was recommended Bedec paint, and it has been very good, easy to apply and lasts really well. Doesn’t require primer apparently
    Can get from Toolstation

https://www.toolstation.com/bedec-extra-flex-elastomeric-masonry-paint/p81624

5lab

wickes & bnq are both doing click and collect. I’m pretty sure the latter do sandtex

ffati
    Free Member

Cheers guys I have tried both those options but they will not supply them at my local shops

colp

Is the house french?

Beat me to it!

bigyim
    Free Member

Wilkinsons? They are open and do paint

mattbee

If you can find somewhere to get Flexcrete Monodex Smooth from, its great. It’s what we paint the Spinnaker Tower with.

nedrapier

You probably know my mate Sion, matt?

rickmeister

Misread that as Missionary Paint…
    Suppose it’s my cross to bear…

breadcrumb

I was going to order from Wickes but they had no smooth white left (any brand), gets me out of doing the house for a while longer anyways..

mattbee

Ned, I do indeed! He’s worked for me a few times over the last few years.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I guess the Spinnaker Tower has a Matt finish?

Edit, sorry, Matt, you’ve probably heard that hundreds of times.

mattbee

😂. No actually!
    Boringly, some of it is matt, (the white and blue bits) but the gold is gloss. Same paint though.
    Pic here is before it was branded for Emirates. The guy on the right is applying Monodex Smooth.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m guessing the flexcrete line isn’t available retail to normal customers?

I have just heard that some dulux decorating centres are open but this might only be to supply larger jobs rather than drop ins for customers. The website says they are all shut but it might be worth phoning your local one.

No idea what’s good in masonry. I’m biased and will say anything by Akzonobel but they are paying my wages (all views my own and I don’t represent the company officially).

mattbee

We get ours from Resapol. Think they are closed at the moment though.
    Im not sure if it’s trade only.

nedrapier

null

The blue bit looks like it takes aaaaages to paint?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Maisonary paint’ is closed to new replies.