Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mail order warranty return – postage..
  • philstone

Recently bought some bike shoes that were not comfortable. Manufacturer were fantastic, asked me to try for a few more rides incase they break-in otherwise they would arrange a refund through my purchasing (mail order) shop.

Couple of rides made no difference so contacted manufacturer again to see abbot warranty refund – they said yes no problem so this correspondence to the shop and they would arrange credit note internally with the shop. Contact shop and they say ok send them back with correspondence. Sent back, shop contacted me this morning to say ok, we’ve received confirmation from manufacturer, arranging refund. Refund comes through minus the original postage (£10 or so – standard delivery charge).

Shop says this is normal in warranty returns – is it?

intheborders
    Free Member

If it’s in their T&C’s, then yes.

mashr

As above, but also not sure how warranty figures in a shoe not fitting as hoped?

b230ftw
    Free Member

+1 how is this a warranty issue? I would say if they have given you a full refund minus postage for something you’ve worn but just didn’t like the fit you’ve got a very good deal indeed.

matt_outandabout

It’s them being nice, not a warranty issue.

lawman91

Christ, be glad you got anything back. Most shops/brands would tell you to jog on along with your shoes you’ve done a number of rides in.

philstone

Ok, this was cleared by the manufacturer – they’ve credited the store and the store we’re happy to do so. The store hasn’t lost out. It’s an updated shoe design that has numerous complaints now about fit.

jameso

normal in warranty returns – is it?

Yes – standard warranty doesn’t cover returns costs, associated losses etc. A manufacturer guarantee might but a statutory warranty won’t.

tomhoward

How many other companies do you know of that offer a ‘try a few times before you commit to buying’ service? Mattress companies and…

They’ve gone well above and beyond, IMO

Warranty is for manufacturing defects, not for if something fits you or not.

philstone

@Jameso – Thanks – an actual answer to the question I’d asked as opposed to views on morals without the full story (which was irrelevant to the original question..)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mail order warranty return – postage..’ is closed to new replies.