Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mail on Sunday in Identidy crisis shocker? (no mail linky)
  • Klunk
    Free Member

this front page got me wondering about the mails motives here ? “Tory friends” “A Tory Crony of David Cameron” more revenge for leveson, Mrs Dacre snubbed by Mrs Cameron or does the mail think It doesn’t matter what we say our readership will always vote conservative.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll go with C as my final answer.

does the mail think It doesn’t matter what we say our readership will always vote conservative.

Though maybe a bit of A and B too.
    Then a bit of D which is look how powerful we are we got someone sacked so just remember that and deport some immigrants and turn some poor people into dog food.

grantway
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Then a bit of D which is look how powerful we are we got someone sacked so just remember that and deport some immigrants and turn some poor people into dog food.

Its what the Tories do so well, but re badge it under Cost Effective

Onzadog
    Free Member

OMG! Are they really bringing “The Generation Game” back?

bruneep

Worse than that it’s that Miranda person. Just can stand the woman.

Drac

That’s both shocking and disgusting. They’ve given Miranda more time of TV.

maccruiskeen

or does the mail think It doesn’t matter what we say our readership will always vote conservative.

I don’t think you’re understanding what the Mail is about. It has a Tory editorial but its not about selling papers to Tories. Only half of their readership vote conservative. Half of their readership are lib and lab voters.

warton
    Free Member

UKIP are more aligned with the mails demographic these days…

Those competitions annoy the pedant in me too.
    Just finding five eggs won’t win you £20000, it will get you entered in a draw with a very small chance of winning £20000.
    There’s a significant difference.

shermer75
    Free Member

Not one but TWO brilliant magazines. Impressive.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

this front page got me wondering about the mails motives here ?

The Mail is a populist paper, or at least populist to its readers. Your typical lower middle-class Daily Mail reader is often constantly dissatisfied with Tory governments, despite voting for them, so they will often enthusiastically ingest criticism of them.

And as warton suggests, there is the UKIP factor.

If you are surprised by criticism of the Tories in the Daily Mail then you really don’t know the Daily Mail. What would surprise me greatly would be the Daily Mail seriously criticising UKIP. Or even more shocking, praising the Labour Party – I can’t read beyond the headlines but I assume the article doesn’t go on to praise Labour ?

Everything seems pretty much as it should be and the Mail isn’t experiencing an identity crises imo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mail on Sunday in Identidy crisis shocker? (no mail linky)’ is closed to new replies.