Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Magura Thor servicing?
  • Scapegoat

Do any of you suspension gurus service Magura Thors? I have the details for MaguraSpares who have quoted me a particular price, but I’m wondering if they are the only place to get a Magura fork serviced?

The fork is a Thor AM140 2010. As an alternative I’m perfectly happy to do them myself, but cannot get access to any servicing information or spares.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Did you speak to Mike a at racemechanic?

He sorted mine out and should be able to help you get spares etc.

As far as I know they’re the only ones who service Magura in the UK.

Scapegoat

Yep, although I contacted him via Maguraspares, that’s the email he responded from. Looks like he’s the only one then.

What sort of turnaround time was it?

eyerideit
    Free Member

It took weeks as Magura didn’t have any bushing so Mike couldn’t get hold of the new ones that use grease instead of oil.

My forks also needed a new RCL unit as it was leaking air. Again Magura weren’t very helpful with supplying the units, but Mike did everything he could to get hold of some.

All the issues were down to Magura’s stock levels and not Racemechanics service. As soon as the parts came in they forks were turned around within days and returned. As compensation I got the RCL unit for free which was about £120.

I really can’t fault the service at Racemechanic, I’d give him a call and have a chat as he’s really helpful.

If you haven’t already that is.

Northwind

My local guys responded “hard to get parts, and you’d have to be mad to offer a warranty on your work with these forks, so we don’t touch them”.

br
    Free Member

Mike was very good for the two times I’ve used him.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Another vote for Mike. My turn around was quite slow as he was away at a couple of big events (it was mid summer), but he let me know this before I sent the forks in and was great in his communication.

Forks came back better than new as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Magura Thor servicing?’ is closed to new replies.