Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • magura spares prices I did a lol
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Rang up my local Magura dealer for a quote on some spare bits.

10xnylon screws 10pounds!!(pund sign key isn’t working)#
    1x EBT port screw 4.50!!!!

Is there platinum in them there screws???

z1ppy

Yep, your screwed, you can only get parts from the distributer & even then they are limited. Had an issue a couple of years back with my front brake (2nd hand bike), sent it off, new seal required… I had to buy a complete new lever from them! £60…

To be fair, my Magura FR Louise are the most powerful brakes I’ve ever used, but I wouldn’t touch Magura’s again without warrenty, there too much of a of an arse to fix if they go wrong (has to be returned to their service centre).

Dr_Bakes

I sent an email to their UK service centre asking for the prices of replacement reservoir screws ,having rounded one off, and levers, having bent one. I was a bit peeved at not getting a reply only to be shocked to receive two screws and a replacement lever in the post the next morning with a compliments slip.

I may have been lucky but give that a go. In my experience their “dealers” have less knowledge of the product line than I do, although I may just have been unfortunate.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I emailed magura UK (may have the wrong email addy though) and I got nothing back from them.
    What email address did you use??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To be fair, my Magura FR Louise are the most powerful brakes I’ve ever used

They are superb brakes. Mine have been utterly reliable, just the occasional clean and bleed.

And if you think FRs are powerful, you should try Louise BAT Carbons! I got a used set recently and they are a league above the FRs!

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Yep. I have emailed them in the past and had no response too.

Dr_Bakes

I think it was:

maguratechsupport@racemechanic.co.uk

I was asking the prices and availability but included my address……best not to be to presumptive!

Good luck.

longwayhome
    Free Member

Yep, came off and broke the front lever body on my Louise BAT.

Replacement is £60 BEFORE labour. Haven’t decided what to do about it yet.

The brakes have a lovely firm feel to them though.

Mike at the UK service centre knows his stuff.

angryratio
    Free Member

Is this why Ronin forks on ebay are such a “bargain” ?

nsaints
    Free Member

I got a response from mike@racemechanic.co.uk very recently

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘magura spares prices I did a lol’ is closed to new replies.