Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Magura Ronin 110 forks..
  • MartynS

I need a bit of advice about setting up these forks..

Had them serviced by Magura recently and they just feel massivly over damped. even with the rebound and both the high and low compression damping wound all the way off it all feels a bit sluggish.
    I’m also running the recomended air pressure for my weight/riding from the graph in the instruction book, anyone found if this is wildly out? I do need to have a play with them, but a good starting point would be nice!!

ta all

MartynS

*bump*

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If they have been serviced then I guess the seals and bushings have been replaced, so now as in all cases with the Ronin 110 they will take an age to bed in again.

pag
    Free Member

I’ve got the same forks and also found them overdamped.
    One tip I found in the Magura website forum was to replace the grease with thick suspension oil. This reduces stiction a little.
    I don’t know about the air pressure. I always ignore the book and just put in enough to get the right sag.

MartynS

ta,

I’d heard Magura seals and bushings were very stiff for ages, that might be part of it. I’ll have a mess around with air pressure as well.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Did you get anywhere with this? Mine are being serviced & i’m wondering if they’ll come back diff. to new?

MartynS

Hi Dave..

I did make a bit of progress… I had misread the guide notes about pressure and I was only running 60psi instead of the 120ish i needed.
    They still feel quite over damped though. The slight problem I have is they are on my “other” bike so they don’t get used as much.

Keep me posted how you get on, I’d be interested to know what you think of the forks once you have them back

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Magura Ronin 110 forks..’ is closed to new replies.