Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Magura MT Trail Sport Carbotecture … any good ?
  • jeb

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Magura/MT-Trail-Sport-Carbotecture-Disc-Brake-Set-p57338/

i had the more expensive MT7 they were monster powerfull, -the trail has only a 2 pot caliber on the back, will that be an issue?

I ride faster flatter singletrack, with some technical sections..

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I have these on two bikes. They’re way more powerful, and have more feel, than the XTRs on my other bike, and half the price.
    A bit fragile though if you’re cack handed…

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Superb especially for the money .magura make carbotecture parts for bmw clutch parts so it’s actually quite robust and the lever is alloy .the bleed ports only need to be nipped like 1nm nothing more.check merlin cycles first there on offer for same money and uk based .
    Power is plentiful
    Reliability is as good as most brakes
    They manufacture them in Taiwan to keep costs down and whilst it’s based on the mt5-mt2 brakes etc they use cheaper caliper seals and pistons but I’ve had no complaints

onehundredthidiot

For that money definitely.
    I’ve got the pricey ones based on mt7/8 and ridiculous power.
    The rear is a big piston with a big pad.
    Obviously means you need different pads front and back.

militantmandy
    Free Member

For the sake of a few quid, I’d just get the Mt5. The price difference is minimal.

nixie

Why would you do that, the MT5 is not really an upgrade. The MT Trail comes with the nice 1 finger lever, the MT5 does not. The 2 piston rear brake isn’t that much less powerful and does not suffer from uneven piston movement like rear 4 pots are more prone to.

The MT Trail is a nice set. If I went down to 1 bike I would have difficulty picking between keeping my MT Trails or Hopes.

Yak

The best thing to do is buy 2 sets of mt trails, then make a set of mt5s and a set of mt4s from them, both with the better lever.
    Obvs you need to sort brakes for 2 bikes for this cunning plan.

misteralz
    Free Member

They are excellent. My only concern was that they’d feel a bit plasticky, but nah, they feel like shot-peened alloy. I’ll be sticking them on everything I build from now on.

militantmandy
    Free Member

Why would you do that, the MT5 is not really an upgrade. The MT Trail comes with the nice 1 finger lever, the MT5 does not. The 2 piston rear brake isn’t that much less powerful and does not suffer from uneven piston movement like rear 4 pots are more prone to.

I would say the power difference is very noticeable, but will depend on your trails. I also prefer the larger levers, but I know others are less keen.

VanHalen

i’ve got a set with teh longer levers on the eeb and they are great. taken a good few crashes. a mate had teh mt7`s and broke a lever first ride. they probably are not a robust as others but they work and fee lovely. even with teh ‘crappy’ levers (that i actually like)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.