Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Magura MT Brakes – had enough
  • saosin
    Free Member

So I bought some Magura MT2 brakes from Planet X a while back when they were cheap. I’ve been faffing about with them ever since but long story short the levers just drop to the handlebars without stopping me. I’ve manged to almost sort the back brake though there’s still far too much lever movement.

Decided enough is enough and I’m just going to head to a bike shop and pay to get them sorted once and for all. Does anyone know any decent shops (ideally with some experience with magura brakes) in Sussex? I don’t want to end up paying for a bleed which I’ve already done myself and still have no braking power.

Ta

Crell
    Free Member

http://www.maguraspares.com/servicecentre.html

Not in Sussex, but this guy is excellent. Helped me out at mountain mayhem last year after Zyro let me down.

saosin
    Free Member

Cheers Crell, they’re about 4 hours from me but near my sister’s uni so may have to pay her a visit if I can’t get them sorted down by me 🙂

Edit: Dropped them an email to see if I can get them sorted at a race nearer me – thanks! 🙂

oldnick

I’ve got some MT2/4’s that did the same, bled them and the rear brake lever still came back to the bar, bled them again the next day and lots of air came out, now perfect.

That’s using the Epic Bleed Solutions Magura kit both times, I don’t know what I did differently the second time.

Two things that have worked in the past: Take the whole brake off the bike and bleed it after hanging it up and flicking it so the bubbles rise to the lever; start the bleed process with the pistons slightly out then push them right back (I don’t know if bubbles get trapped behind pistons but it’s helped in the past.

Good luck 🙂

saosin
    Free Member

That’s a good thought with regard to the pistons, I assume this is with the bleed screw still in the caliper and just removed from the lever?

I’ll give them a final bash this weekend and see what happens, cheers Nick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Magura MT Brakes – had enough’ is closed to new replies.