Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Magura Menja Forks,
  • TimothyD
    Free Member

They seem to get good reviews,has anybody found any problems with them?

Tim

rob2
    Free Member

never had a problem. Have 2 pairs of 2008 130mm menjas and ultra reliable. Deffo thumbs up.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mine have been fine so far, there realy is bugger all inside of them to go wrong. I bought them before all the reviews and they were effectively a new fork. So was taking a bit of a gamble, and it definately paid off.

if you ever rode with 2002 era marzocchi bomber coil forks you’ll be right at home. Rebound and preload are the only bits to fiddle with.

Rebound could do with being a bit more complicated, i’d prefer it to be faster deeper i the travel and slower towards top out, but its failry easy to fid a comprimise. Mines about 3-4 clicks from open with a lot of sag set.

Bottom out is non existent, i get the full 130m of travel and even though i run them soft and regularly botom out ive never felt it.

DLO is a con, its a lockout which if you lean on it long enough sags a little bit. Only usefull on road climbs.

Very stiff chassis, very very stiff, stiffer than Rock shox, marzocchi and manitou.

Would I buy them again?, yes, at the price i paid i’d be mad not to! imported NOS 2007 forks from the states for £170 when the exchange rate was going silly at $2.10:£ ! Not 100% sure if the travel is convertible, but SJS have the 100mm ones in stock for £270.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

and the adjusters are big lumps of metal with no play and definate clicks unlike manipoo which are big bits of metal attatched to a flimsy pice of pastic!

TimothyD
    Free Member

Excellent,thanks very much.

Nothing like a good review for something you’re thinking of getting.

Tim

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Glad I bought my 130mm ones when they were £270 on CRC rather than £400 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I was a little worried with mine as I seemed to be going through the travel too quickly (although, like thisisnotaspoon I never felt them bottoming out), so I upped the pressure. Then I found they were topping out too easily unless I had the damping set to a couple of clicks away from the slowest setting. Now I’m running them with around 10% above the recommended pressures, which gives plenty of sag, and they ride absolutely perfectly. From looking at the travel I’m using, they should be bottoming out, but as mentioned earlier, I’ve never ever felt it. Mine are the 130mm btw.

Excellent forks.

rob2
    Free Member

Tim – I bought a set from evolution cycles in bournemouth in their sale – £240. Might be worth a try if they have any left.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Magura Menja Forks,’ is closed to new replies.