Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • magicshine UK still alive?
  • reluctantnomad
    Free Member

Does anybody know if magicshine uk is still in business?  Companies House lists ‘magicshine uk’ as dissovled in 2016, but I know that they’ve been operating under the name project 808 for years, which is still listed as active.

I’ve got a faulty light and have been trying to contact them for weeks now.  Their phone number is not working and they’ve not responded to emails or facebook messages. I’d really like to know what is going on.

joemmo
    Free Member

where they ever more than just a reseller? I bought a new battery pack from them last year, it was duff and they sent me a replacement FOC but I’m not sure they were actually agents or importers or what really. What’s the problem?

geex
    Free Member

Yes.

recieved an order from them today

contacted them initially via their contact form and subsequent Email correspondance.
    There was some sort of issue about a week ago resulting in a slow reply and an appology but otherwise Emails were being replied to within 20mins for me.

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/contact-us/

Email: info@magicshineuk.co.uk

reluctantnomad
    Free Member

joemmo – as far as I understand magicshine is a chinese company who actually make the lights and magicshine UK are the sole distributors here.  my problem is i’ve got a faulty light, and despite numerous attempts cannot get a reply from them.

geex – thanks for letting me know.  I almost find it more frustrating to know that they are still there.

geex
    Free Member

Percevere mate. Bonita at magicshine went out of her way to sort out what I wanted from them.

joemmo
    Free Member

thanks, that’s good to know. I’ve got a couple of their lights and although they are a bit unrefined they’ve been very reliable.

souster4
    Free Member

Ordered a magicshine light a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed with it on the first use. On the 2nd the battery pack refused to start up, tried emailing them twice since Thursday last week. No reply yet.

geex
    Free Member

Hmm… that’s not great at all souster.
    Which light/battery pack was it?

reluctantnomad
    Free Member

souster4 – is it one of the bluetooth enabled lights?  hope you get it sorted.  please post back here if/when you hear back form them.

Generally I’ve been pleased with my magicshine lights (MJ-902 + MJ-900B), and I’ve heard really good things about Bonita in the past, but I need lights for my wife and kid and I don’t feel very comfortable with their lack of response.

Dango
    Free Member

I gave up on that brand a few years ago after a few issues and now only buy Exposure

She’s still listed at the other company, address is two doors up the road https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/OakCrfJHYTgk8aEZyDiSqFWnx3U/appointments

reluctantnomad
    Free Member

I gave up on that brand a few years ago after a few issues and now only buy Exposure

Wow.  I would love to give up on magicshine and go for exposure, but my salary only has 5 figures…

reluctantnomad
    Free Member

UPDATE:  Avoid magicshine uk.  They do no thonour their warranty and refuse to answer emails or facebook messages and the phone line on their website does not work.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Try trading standards

geex
    Free Member

@reluctantnomad check your inbox

Cougar

We’ve had an email from Bonita.  She’s advised that she can be contacted at info@magicshineuk.co.uk .

souster4
    Free Member

Hi guys.

Bit of an update.  Had a reply from Bonita at magic shine today, who has been very helpful and honest.

Unfortunately, the company has had some bad luck, one of which their premises being flooded. She also stated how people take advantage claiming they haven’t received goods, or the product is faulty, a new item is sent out with a prepaid returns and it never gets posted back. All of which I can relate to, with being part of a small family business myself. Granted some people are honest and it’s genuine, but there is alot that aren’t too.

Unfortunately, people mainly share the bad experiences on forums and social media, instead of when they have had such good customer service, or received a good product.

So, i would just like to say, maybe it’s worth cutting a bit of slack (inc myself) and supporting magicshine, after All their products have fantastic reviews, and delivery and the product I’m extremely pleased with. Just a small blip that hopefully is resolved.

Cheers all

jamesmio
    Free Member

Chipping in to add that I’ve had a few dealings with MagicShine UK – warranty repairs, ordering spare bits etc. They’ve always been great to deal with anytime I’ve needed them.

Pretty sure it’s always been the same lady I’ve spoken to, guessing it’ll be the same one mentioned above.

dustypumpkins

Surprised to hear you can’t get Bonita on the phone. Every time I’ve phoned her I can’t get off the phone, she’s that nice! I had a faulty battery pack that was replaced with another faulty battery pack. She was so apologetic she upgraded the light & battery FOC. I’d recommend them. And aye, I sent the faulty ones back.

geex
    Free Member

After messaging the OP I contacted Bonita to pass on his email details. Let’s just say after speaking to her I’d still happily recommend Magicshine’s customer service but certainly wouldn’t be so quick to trust the OP again.

Glad you got your issues sorted Souster. I’m well happy with my purchase.

steve1414
    Free Member

I’ve tried phoning, but the number on their website is no longer live. I’ve emailed and had no response. I think they’re no longer in business. Anyone who is thinking of buying from their website should be careful.

geex
    Free Member

seems so Steve

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk

🙁

Mowgli
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Magicshine lights bought from other suppliers (e.g. BikeLightsUK) would be covered by any kind of warranty? These lights still seem to be good value, but it’d be nice to have some confidence that they’ll be supported.

geex
    Free Member

Your warranty is with whoever you purchase from.
    Magicshine.com is still live and Magicshine seem to still be debuting new products at trade shows etc.

reluctantnomad
    Free Member

After messaging the OP I contacted Bonita to pass on his email details. Let’s just say after speaking to her I’d still happily recommend Magicshine’s customer service but certainly wouldn’t be so quick to trust the OP again.

Glad you got your issues sorted Souster. I’m well happy with my purchase.

Thanks geex. Kind of you to publicly slag me off. You could have just continued messaging me…

I neither know nor care what Bonita may have told you, but I never lied. Not on this forum, not to you, and not to her. I’m glad you’re happy with your purchase, but if it does go wrong you’ll now be in the same position as me – owning an expensive Chinese paperweight with absolutely no recourse.

I’m afraid magicshine.co.uk has ceased trading. Perhaps now you’ll understand my frustration. Or maybe Bonita was honest enough to tell you she was closing up during your chat, and assured you that she’ll honour your warranty?

I’m just not that interested TBF. Sorry. 😉

Bonita has replied to you now.
    hope you can sort out your issues

Did she copy you in? I’d be grateful if you forwarded it to me as I never heard back from her.

I just hope that at least my posts here may have helped some others save their money.

Poopscoop

Sorry to hear you are left with a dud op.

It does seem Bonita was holding a little info back from the sounds of it? Apologies if that is not the case.

Blimey, everywhere is going bust these days.

What’s the fault with the light mate? Repairable?

Northwind

“Kind of you to publicly slag me off”

It’s a service he provides selflessly and for free

reluctantnomad
    Free Member

poopscoop – I don’t know if it is repairable, afraid I am ignorant of electronic devices. it took me a while to figure out what was even wrong. it is one of the lights I bought within a multi-light set. it is bluetooth enabled and won’t stay connected to my phone, and then it started shorting out whichever battery I plug it in to.

I was so desperate to ride I bought the same model light from a guy in north wales on ebay. he supposedly offers the same warranty, but with any luck I won’t have to think about it. If the first one is repairable I would be very happy because my wife or son could use it.

northwind – thanks for making me smile!

Poopscoop

Ah,I just wondered if a bit of soldering was in order mate. Bad connector/ broken wire or such. Still could be… but sounds like it’s likely to be a bit more involved.

robertpb
    Free Member

This is where Magicshine are now don’t know if it’s just taken over the conssesion for them or what.
    https://www.bikelightsuk.com/

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘magicshine UK still alive?’ is closed to new replies.