Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Magic Mary tyres
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Are the new Magic Mary’s a replacement for Muddy Mary’s or are they different?
    Need a good rear winter tyre so looking at these
    Cheers

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Yes they’ve just been rebranded, same tyre though.

chiefgrooveguru

Yes they’ve just been rebranded, same tyre though.

Completely new tyre – it’s the replacement but it’s not the same!

Magic Mary:

Muddy Mary:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Apologies I stand corrected. I do believe it is the replacement though?

honourablegeorge

Have one as a front tyre myself, love it. Fried (who’s a far better rider than me) was absolutely raving about the SG versions at the weekend.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I will try one at some point just worried about wear and side wall stiffness. HD side walls are so floppy compared to Maxxis EXO.

chiefgrooveguru

If anyone wants to try a Magic Mary, I have a lightly used 27.5 2.35 Trailstar Super Gravity one looking for a new home! The sidewalls are properly stiff because they’re dual-ply but it rolls fast like a single-ply because it’s single-ply under the tread. Great tyre!

Northwind

I’m not sure it’s the replacement for the Muddy Mary- despite the name the Muddy’s supposed to be an intermediate whereas the Magic is more loose/wet. The Muddy’s still on the website as a current model.

But then Schwalbe like to say that all their tyres are good at everything so it’s kind of hard to tell what’s for what without actually using them sometimes. As far as I can tell, the Muddy Mary is mostly designed to have all its knobs fall off the first time you go round a corner, except for the hard compound version which deals with that by making it hard to go round corners

Clobber
    Free Member

Anyone have experience of the tyre in claggy clay? does it gum up or does it clear well?

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Chief I may be interested for the right price. What’s the rolling resistance like. Are the SG ones the DH focused version. Also what’s the weight? Email in profile.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

chief – I could be interested too. My e-mail is also in my profile.

philbert31
    Free Member

Don’t get the hard compound,as northwind mentioned, they’re shite, I ripped my tyre on a recent trip to inners and had to get one as it was all that was available, now I’m recovering from a broken shoulder.
    That being said, they’re probably alright in the softer compounds.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Magic Mary tyres’ is closed to new replies.