Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maestri brad guns
  • dyna-ti

Probably a long shot, but on here pretty much anything is possible.

Im in the market for a new brad pinner as my old tacwise 181 els pro is a bit dodgy on the trigger(Ive been using it for 20 years) and can let fly multiple shots. So best replace it and Maestri is a company I’ve often heard about, but never actually owned one.

Its a professional 240v pinner, and if anyone owns or uses one, whats the opinion of it.

Not interested in air pinners, I know they’re a lot cheaper and i intend to pick up an air headless veneer pinner at some point, but this is so i can easily transport it to jobs.

They’re usually a couple of hundred retail, but you can get them cheaper if you shop about and probably aiming for the combined staple(narrow gauge)/brad rather than just the brad option.

Or if you’ve any other suggestions. Mainly going to be used fixing trim, assembly for jigs rather than constructional assembly.

This yin here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254987029543?epid=28034363771&hash=item3b5e694c27:g:wE4AAOSw-cdknVzd

maccruiskeen

There’s so many good cordless pinners and narrow crown guns about now I would’nt bother with 240v

if you’ve got makita batteries the 18ga and 23ga guns are really good and quite compact too

kayak23

if you’ve got makita batteries the 18ga and 23ga guns are really good and quite compact too

Yeah, I have the 23ga pinner. It’s great. Really fine pins, headless and discrete. Battery lasts for ages and ages.

Fires up to 35mm pins but not staples.
    If you hold the joint together close to where you’re pinning and the 35mm pin pings sideways out of the wood and into your thumb, it smarts a bit…. apparently 😐

dyna-ti

I went for Bosch for the drills. I’l take a look at their equivalent. Might be a better plan

Ta 🙂

Edit: nope. Bare tool is £400. Bit outside my price range. Can’t justify that outlay.

maccruiskeen

Have a look at some of the battery adaptor plates available on ebay/amazon. Guy I’m working with at the moment is using a Milwaukie nailer with his dewalt batteries. Might broaden your options.

tobymc

I’ve used one of their staplers extensively in the past. Fabric covering boards for museum showcases….  firing 8mm staples into zf mdf for weeks at a time.

It was good, light, reliable, not mine. I do seem to recall a return spring breaking, but quickly replaced and back into service.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google