• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by wl.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Madison Tempest waterproof shorts – any good?
  • wl
    Free Member

They look the part, but do they work and do they last? Any info/experiences? Ta.

z1ppy

No idea as I’m happy with my Altura Attack’s but reviews on here seem poor(ish):

Issues but good warranty?

boil in the bag

Not waterproof? (& not very long further up in the same thread)

More promising

chakaping
    Free Member

Taping came off seams in first wash, got a refund.

MARTINJ
    Free Member

The new style ones look and fit great and are a good price from http://www.mtb-direct.co.uk at £41.99. Madison informed me they are much improved from the last model. I haven’t tried them on the bike yet though!

Northwind

Altura Attacks are ace and not massively more expensive, that’s where my money would go if I didn’t already have 3 fantastic pairs.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’d avoid. Boil in the bag and the taping came off after a few washes.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I haven’t tried them on the bike yet though!

I doubt they’d fit, unless its a very small frame?

darkslider
    Free Member

I bought a set of these from a seller on Ebay but was refunded as they were out of stock. Sounds like a lucky escape, might have to take a punt on the new design, £42 makes them the cheapest waterproof trail shorts out there.

Does anyone with experience of both think the Altura Attacks are worth £10 more than the new Tempests? I would imagine aftersales care from both manufacturers should be pretty spot on.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Shite. Mine lasted two rides. Taping came off and they split at the seam.

How hard is to make a decent durable bike short?

sillyoldman

New ones are different in every way.

wl
    Free Member

Ta for all these. The ones I looked at in an LBS the other day actually looked and felt very good. It’s definitely the weather for them right now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Madison Tempest waterproof shorts – any good?’ is closed to new replies.