Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Madison Flux Saddle for a road bike
  • belugabob
    Free Member

I’ve just started using a flux saddle on my road bike – because it’s so darned comfy.

Tge problem is, that it’s an MTB saddle and the stitching is a bit too rough for Lycra bib-shorts, causing a bit of wear to the inside of the leg.

Does a saddle exist, that’s similar to this, but without the stitching?

codybrennan
    Free Member

As the Flux is more or less the same as a Charge Spoon, the Charge Knife is what I’d suggest- its the radio counterpart to the Spoon and should suit you. Try it first of course.

belugabob
    Free Member

That looks to have similar stitching, unfortunately.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tthew

There’s the Gusset R too, but also same stitching. Something from the Fabric range probably. Same shapes I think, different construction methods.

sillyoldman

Madison Prime is their version of the Knife and latest versions have no stitching. Feels pretty different to the Flux/Spoon though – I much prefer it actually.

Bregante

I use a Fabric Scoop Race on the road bike and have used the spoon on my MTBs for years. Pretty much the same shape as the spoon and much harder wearing. I find the scoop really comfy and has no stitching at all.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks a lot like a charge spoon?

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Bob, I have been using a charge spoon on my CAAD for a while, and it doesn’t have any protruding stitching that rubs the lycra.

I am getting a Fabric scoop soon to try and those don’t have any stitching at all. They do various comfort levels of the scoop.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The Gusset R Blackjack def has no stitching and is a decent price.

belugabob
    Free Member

Hi Marc – whilst I love them, from a comfort point of view, both of my charge spoon saddles are showing signs of wear themselves. This is why I went for the Flux – it’s basically a Charge spoon under a different name, and supposedly harder wearing.

locomotive

The saddle on my old Genesis is a very similar shape to the Spoon/Flux and has no stitching.

Might be worth a checking ebay

belugabob
    Free Member

Well, it would appear that I owe Madison an apology…

Was putting my bib shorts away and inspected the damage again – it’s only on the left leg. Put them on and sat on the bike – the culprit was revealed…

The Velcro strap that holds the bag on the seatpost – it’s very rough at the end, right where my (mahoosive) thigh brushes past.

I was looking to get a slightly larger saddlebag, anyway, so will take that into account, when choosing one.

#embarrassing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Madison Flux Saddle for a road bike’ is closed to new replies.