• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Madison DTE Waterproof shorts – sizing ?
  • iainc

I’m thinking of buying a pair, local shops don’t have them so will be online, and Tredz and others have them at decent discount. How do they size up ? I recall Zeniths and others are/were quite big. I do have some of their light summer ones, in Large, which fit well, but I understand size up small.

anyone got the current ones ?

mark90
    Free Member

I have the Storm waterproof shorts that were the model before the DTE. The Storm are exactly the same fit as the (identical) Addict’s I had before them. They are both a little snugger fit than the Zenith shorts I have, but not a whole size different. All medium. Haven’t tried the DTE so this post is probably no use to you what so ever 🙂

iainc

^^^^ it’s better than nothing !

The other ones I have are 2018 Flux and Large fits and is snug. I am a 34 waist in most things

geex
    Free Member

Buy Large

Del

Bought Madison shorts, soft shell and a waterproof pair recently, in medium, and both had to go back as too big. I’m about 31 waist.
    I also bought a set of longs on medium and kept them as they stretch. They’re ok bit could have sized down on those as well.

iainc

thanks, will order large, cheers

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I reckon they’ll be too big Iain, had to sell couple of pairs recently as I’ve lost a couple of stone. 34″ waist now and between M and L in Madison dependant on the model.

Bought the Zenith waterproof ones from Sprockets a couple of weeks back, size L, seem pretty good so far, just disappointed they don’t have the wee angled phone pocket. And they persist wi **** velcro, bastard stuff that it is!

iainc

nobeer, that’s good to know, appreciated

lovewookie

however, I’ve a pair of older 3/4’s in an XL, think a L would have been a bit too snug. my waist is about 35″

iainc

Thanks Nick

kcal

I have a pair of Zeniths, and Addicts as well – Small for 30″ waist.
    hey fit very well. The waterproof ones (can’t recall the name now) are a slightly different fit, can’t work out where, and a Medium is a better proposition for that.

So it might need a size up from the Zenith fit, or if they’re still flexible (and depending on where they do and don’t give) you might get away with Medium still. Probably on that borderline that makes things really hard to size — Endura, Rapha, Gore as well.

iainc

Ended up ordered medium and large and will send one pair back after trying on. Good price at Tredz.

sillyoldman

Don’t Sprockets have them?

iainc

Dave, probably but nae time in next few days to nip down to Kilmarnock – weans, sports, family stuff..

Blacksmith
    Free Member

I am 32” waist. Got both DTE shorts and trousers in Medium but both are totally different fit. Trousers are a great fit and spot on as per the charts (up to 31.5). Cannot say the same for the shorts however as the waist on the shorts is on the large size. Sorry it may not help but their sizing is not consistent with the DTE shorts. I also have the Flux shorts and these are again spot on

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Better off going to sprockets, especially once Tredz send out the usual ‘we don’t actually have them’ email! 😭🤣

bsims
    Free Member

If you have thinner legs I think the mediums will be fine. I found they fitted my 33ish waist but were tight on my thighs. I went for the dte soft shell in large, the waterproof shorts felt like I was wearing a bin bag.

DezB
    Free Member

I usually go to Biketart for Madison stuff
    (and remember- paypal refund the return postage)

iainc

Nobeer – that may well happen, yes !

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Madison DTE Waterproof shorts – sizing ?’ is closed to new replies.