Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Madison Addict jacket
  • coogan
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Good choice? Seems a cracker for the money.

siloseven
    Free Member

I have the 3 layer storm jacket and it’s fantastic. Don’t know about the softshell one.

pipiom
    Free Member

Storm here as well, brilliant in this weather

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pipiom
    Free Member

That’s the addict/waterproof storm jacket….not confusing at all

Karl33to
    Free Member

I have the 3 layer one too and really rate it.

Once going I tend to get quite hot so it can be a little bit warm on fast paced rides even with the vents open, but the same can be said for all properly waterproof jackets I’ve tried. I’d rather be a bit sweaty and warm than soaked and cold.

Where it really excels in on rides where the pace is a bit slower or if it’s absolutely chucking it down, it’s really nice being able to ride with the hood up in the rain.

coogan
    Free Member

I take it the Storm and Addict are the same jacket we’re talking about?

Good to hear it’s a good ‘un.

iainc

I looked at the Addict but ended up with the Flux

this one

as I wasn’t after a heavy shell, just something like my MTR Emergency Shell but a bit sturdier for all day use when properly raining

FOG

I have got the soft shell one which is pretty waterproof but very warm. I tend to use it with just a long sleeve base layer in the winter and it is more than warm enough until well below freezing, but then I do tend to run hot.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Just had a first ride in my hardshell one (courtesy of 18bikes)

Wasn’t actually raining, but kept me dry from a splash round Macc Forest, and once I’d got past the initial overdressed stage, I was warm without being sweaty all day. Material feels pretty tough

Its not perfect though. I suffer from PDS* so at 5’10″/36″ chest/30″ waist went for a small (a med. fitted like a potato sack) and it’s a hair short in the sleeves. The hood is a PITA – no stowage for it, so it flaps like mad, and whilst it’s removable you have to take the coat off to do so. All the pockets and vents get covered by assorted pack straps, although the 2 big vents do have double ended zips, so can be unzipped up to my pack chest strap whilst riding.

*Pie Deficiency Syndrome

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Madison Addict jacket’ is closed to new replies.