Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Made a cockup – credit card payments and mortgage application balls up!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Tidying direct debits up a few months back and deleted one for my unused credit card (paying off the balance), only realised when i got a call from late payments, sorted out phew!! Set up the payment for next month which went out a day late! 2 cock ups!

Now remortgaging and these 2 blips are meaning we cannot get the mortgage we want – anything that i can do? credit score withe experian is 996!!

vinnyeh

It may be due to your current debt level, income or some other factor that experian aren’t interested in.

Iirc, experian don’t even ask whether you’re in employment, so the experian score is pretty meaningless in the context.

Flaperon

Rob – when I cocked up a direct debit (changed the amount which effectively cancelled and then recreated it, missing the payment) on my credit card, the bank were pretty understanding and removed the entry from my credit history.

Tried calling them and asking nicely?

craigxxl
    Free Member

You need to contact your current mortgage provider and convince them to remove it or put a note on explaining.
    I had to do this when I found out Barclaycard had put a defaulted balance on my account even though I had closed the account previous and had a letter from them confirming a nil balance.

Weasel
    Free Member

My bank for reasons best known to themselves decided that the payment to my credit card was going to take 4 days instead of the usual instant/faster payments scheme.

After asking my bank to look into this and explaining to my CC company that Santander are useless they said fine and didn’t record it as a late payment.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

so do i ask HSBC (current account) or santander (cc account)?

Weasel
    Free Member

so do i ask HSBC (current account) or santander (cc account)?

I made a point of emailing both companies through their websites to get them confirm it’s their fault so you have it in writing.

eskay

I’ve done this a couple of times over the years. Always paid immediately when it was pointed out. I am quite amazed that it may impact on my credit rating.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Made a cockup – credit card payments and mortgage application balls up!’ is closed to new replies.