• This topic has 81 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Spud.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Mad Friday?
  • binners

Isn’t going to be very mad, is it?

In the absence of starting drinking about now, necking twenty pints, inadvisedly snogging Louise from accounts (you’ve not heard the last from her), then being sick on yourself after having an altercation with a lad called Darren outside a kebab house at 2am because he threw a chip at you, whats the maddest thing you’ll be doing today then?

I’m considering buying some nice port to go with all the cheese I bought yesterday. Rock and roll!

Whats the level of the debauchery you’ll be getting up to today then? Lets hear your tales of potential depravity…

johndrummer
    Free Member

I’ll be doing some work.
    As usual

DickBarton

Working…I never get an invite to any work parties (understandably so, if you know me!), so I do my work then go home (or currently log off) and go do my normal stuff…that sounds mad given it is last day for many people.

allanoleary
    Free Member

Watching Agent Carter on Disney+ with a cuppa and a bowl of chilli tonight is about as hard-core as I plan to get

Caher

Finish at about 2 today then gym and evening ride. In former years I’d leaning into a loo before the club/rave.

ElShalimo

I’m going to go to Morrison’s later to do the weekly shop.

#ThugLife

Murray

Port sounds a good call, haven’t had any for years

Work debauchery used to be limited by the 55 mile drive home

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My local pub does “Fish Night” on a Friday so I may wander down for either:

Fish Medley
    Paupiettes of sea bream, stuffed fillets of sardines & sautéed garlic king prawns, served with a green salad & fondant potatoes
    Or
    Daube de Boeuf
    A classic French dish of slow braised beef, served in a rich red wine gravy, served with stuffed vegetables & a creamy potato purée

Drag it out so I can have a couple of beers and then walk back for The Manadalorian and the Grand Tour Special.

Or I have a 4 pack of Carling in the fridge and BirdsEye Fish Fingers in the freezer.
    So many choices.

oldtennisshoes

It’s a toss up between turning the amp up an extra notch during bass guitar practice or having extra black pudding on my lunchtime salad 🤔

hatter

Was just talking to my doorman mate and he is very much looking forward to only having to worry about getting actual, rather than figurative claret on him for a change this year.

sharkattack

I’m thinking about popping open that jar of pickled eggs I made in October.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Hmmm I bought some Port on Monday. Is it too early for a small glass?

Tracey

Been hectic so far.
    Walked the dog
    Set Abigale of to work
    Round trip to 18 Bikes to drop of my forks, went the scenic route via the Strines
    Just going to walk the dog again
    I’ve been stockpiling the gin from my Advent calendar so five to go at tonight, may have to top up from the gin cabinet.
    Got a slow cooker yesterday so at some point going to have a mess with it

Bit different than last year 🥳

dknwhy

I’ll be trying that Christmas gravy burger from KFC for lunch. Utter madness.

binners

@dknwhy we’ve got that planned for tomorrow. They look awesome! Did you watch the KFC documentary on channel 4 this week?

breadcrumb

I’ve not been out on Black Eye Friday for years, too many idiots out for my liking.

Of course things were different when I was one of those idiots.

Today is daddy daycare, just got the boy down for his afternoon nap and about to put Madagascar 3 on with little miss breadcrumb.

woody2000

I’ve just had beans AND sausages on toast for lunch.  On WHITE bread!  I will also be cleaning out the guinea pig cage, removing the leaves from the fish pond and bucket washing my eldests filthy PE kit.  Rock and freakin’ roll!

I do have one of these to drink though – 11% stouty goodness 🙂

chrispoffer

It’s Black Eye Friday up in the NE not Mad Friday.

And I’ll be…… watching my rugby team on the tellybox. Maybe there’ll be some black eyes on the pitch tonight to make up for not going out?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just ordered a Maccy D’s for home delivery.

Will watch the kids online school Christmas Concert.

Wooooo! and indeed, Hooooo!

willard

My plan is to get a fire on, open a homebrew beer (that should be ready to drink now) and watch a bit of TV with my GF. If I want to really push the boat out, I may read a bit of a book.

slowoldman

It’ll be a standard Friday EDL unless eddiebaby would like to tell me where his local is. That sounds awesome.

matt_outandabout

Playing Taskmaster via Teams with the rest of my colleagues around the UK.

Edit:Our accountant is called John, not Louise. He looks like Putin. I’m no keen for a snog.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Delivering food in Manc city centre….I imagine that it’ll be slightly less terrifying than it would’ve been had it been a normal one.

Last year I played my first gig of an Alpine tour to about 400 revellers at Cocorico’s in Tignes (that was awesome!) Year before I somehow ended up playing at a farmers Xmas do in Nantwich and at one point got pint lobbed at me. I’ve never actually been a punter at one of these type things….

joat

I’m back at work next week so it’ll be like every year or indeed every Friday and most week nights if I’m honest. Home-cooked dinner and a bottle of beer or two. RnR stands for rest and recuperation these days.

crazy-legs

I have a works pre-Christmas quiz thing on MS Teams later.

I did buy a nice steak in Sainsbury’s the other day which I might have tonight. I’m off from tonight until January 4th, not that I can really go anywhere!

ste_t
    Free Member

It’s seems very few people are off to the pub. Well, my pub at least. Did have a company over the road asking in 12 of them could come for beer and pizza, forgetting that they obviously don’t live in the same household.

Given that only 6 of us out of 24 sites can open because the rest are in tier 3 it was always going to be fairly chilled.

Finishing at 4pm to ‘relax’ at home with the missus and a screaming 11 week old baby. Rock and roll

Drac

Working then when I get home have something to eat and a quick blast on the PS5.

Not done a radge Friday for years.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

On line work Christmas party, via gotomeeting.Oof.

Watching the concluding episode of The Mandalorian.

About 1/2 litre of rum.

fasthaggis

“Yir aw ma beshtist,beshtist friens in that hail wurld”

‘Hands out some virtual slaps,wedgies and nipple twists’

“Waz roond is it?”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The Crown, South Moreton. A village owned pub. I live In the village next door.

https://www.thecrown-southmoreton.co.uk/#&gid=1981831290&pid=1

dknwhy

@binners – I caught a bit of it. Looks like their advertising worked! You will not be disappointed, it’s pretty awesome.

Kryton57

I’ll be doing some work.
    As usual

+1. I’m a hairs breadth away from signing my final contract of the year today, when another client phoned at 7:30 and said “hey, what are the chances we could negotiate and agree a 5yr contract before Christmas Eve?” Usually a 4-6week process.

Christmas Eve then, is Port & Cheese day for me.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Well, I’ve been out of work since March so bit short on invites.
    Pubs are shut here anyway.

So far I’ve re-attached the window skoosher on my van and applied for a couple of jobs.
    This afternoon I will be doing some practice exams for the SCRUM Master qualification, going to the gym and watching X-Files with some leftover Chinese takeaway. Not my leftovers, someone else’s. Welcome to the dole!

Coyote
    Free Member

Going to pick up my new glasses and prescription sunglasses from Specsavers. Go me!

dannybgoode

Never did Mad Friday back in the day. Even less inclination to do it now as a grumpy middle-aged teetotaller! Just the thought of standing in pubs makes me angry, never mind the thought of standing in pubs, waiting ages to get served and not being able to hear any of your mates anyway…

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I plan to spend the evening going through my emails and clicking unsubscribe to all the ones I never read.
    #eventhuggerlifethanElShalimo

fazzini

Having had the ‘pleasure’ (really not a pleasure whatsoever when you are the one the other side of the bar) of 25 years of Mad Fridays or Black Eyed Fridays, well up until 10 years ago anyway, I will no doubt be doing the same as I did last year…working til 5pm, driving home, opening the red wine, and…back to work on Monday.

martinhutch

Staying up late tonight….it was the only time I could get a Tesco slot.

white101

I think I’ll go wild tonight and sit drinking & flicking through netflix for something to watch, haven’t done that since last night and every previous nights for 10 months.

towpathman

I had planned to spend the day skiing, based out of my place in France. But we have decided against that this year, which makes me sad

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Mad Friday?’ is closed to new replies.