Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Macride, kickstarter offroad childseat
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Interesting.

jonathan
    Free Member

Been done before (http://www.loct.co.uk/) but doesn’t look like there was the market for it, or maybe it wasn’t marketed well!

The people I know who tried the LOCT liked it in use, but it had safely limitations that I don’t think the makers wanted to admit/address (the whole squashing child thing).

jam-bo

but it had safely limitations that I don’t think the makers wanted to admit/address (the whole squashing child thing).

Having a loct stashed away in the shed waiting for junior to be big enough, which limitations are these?

Fundamentally this mac ride thing is no different.

mrblobby
    Free Member

What’s different to a weeride?

mrhoppy

The weeride is a seat the mac and loct are saddles with stirrups for the child’s feet so they can stand if they want/need.

jonathan
    Free Member

jam bo: I don’t think the limitations are any more than the completely obvious one – ie that if you crash you might squash the little one between you and the bars. That’s fine if you’re aware of it, but I seem to remember the bloke who made them denying there was any chance of that happening. I don’t think that helped his marketing very much.

But like I said, the people I know who tried them liked them. It’s a good solution to taking kids off road, you just got to be aware that the child is exposed to all the usual off road riding risks (including the one of having a big heavy thing (ie you) flying about in the even of a spill)

jam-bo

But no more than a weeride or similar surely?

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

These are awesome – there’s a demo one knocking about Stirling and I can put you in touch with the guy who has it if you just give me a shout.

Seriously, I know the guy who has done this (and it’s so massively different from a wee ride, it’s amazing). I have a weeride and will still get one of these. I know him but I am not paid by him (unfortunately). There are a good few folk, who are using their mountain bikes as they should be without their child getting battered, as they would on a Weeride. I mean proper mountain bike trails.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Macride, kickstarter offroad childseat’ is closed to new replies.