Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Machynlleth
  • ffati
    Free Member

I have a meeting in Machynlleth first thing on Wednesday morning then the day is mine so was going to chuck the bike in the car and go and do the climachx as I’ve never done it before but would always rather head offpiste anything worthwhile to do and link into climachx?

welshfarmer

Yes. Plenty. Do the Climachx and just follow your nose for the old Enduro trails.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s the mach 1, 2 and 3 loops that are more natural. Wide open country and a feeling if being miles away.
    https://www.mbwales.com/listings/mach-3/

Or do the climachx and have an explore. Great fun.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    funkybaj
    Free Member

The Cli-machx Harder route will guide you along a few bits of the offpiste stuff. There’s loads more mind.

https://flattyres-mtb.co.uk/route-guides/north-wales-mtb-routes/cli-machx-harder/

dti

The main off piste runs use the same fire roads as climach x Builth is off to the right past the entrance to section 3 and dickos is near section 5, elephants is past the entrance to section 7 and throws you out between sections 2 and 3
    Lots more as well

grum
    Free Member

I did the Climach-x years ago and found the last descent brilliant but when I went back there had been some felling and it seemed a bit unloved – is it still maintained?

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno, but I also preferred it before. Trails are never as good when the trees get felled IMO.

To the OP – last time I was there it was possible to use Trailforks to locate and ride a lot of the off-piste trails in the general area of the Cli-Machx. So that’s what I’d suggest.

leegee

Be sure not to stay at the White Lion. It’s grim.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Grim is harsh, tired maybe.

leegee

Room 5 was grim and dirty, the heating and the telly didn’t work, the mattress was very tired. I woke up at 4 am itching all over. The t-shirt I was wearing in bed had to be washed 3 times before the smell went.
    I didn’t stay for breakfast. I got chatting to a local at CYB and he wasn’t suprised.

chakaping
    Free Member

While we’re on the subject, how do the enduro trails to the south of the town hold up after rain?

Muddy or more stony like on the Corris side?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Machynlleth’ is closed to new replies.