Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Machete Gang Targets Mountain Bikers
  • stwhannah

Greater Manchester Police are investigating two robberies where mountain bikes were taken from riders leaving Farmer John’s Bike Park at Marple, outsi …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Machete Gang Targets Mountain Bikers

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

augustuswindsock

Shit! That is seriously scary!

mrmoofo

That’s Manchester for you 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bfw

Ummm its the same around here, Richmond Park/Hampton Court/Posh part of London/Surrey

ads678

Kid got smacked with a cricket bat and his E-mtb taken somwhere near Brighouse, I’ve heard stories of people getting pushed into the canal or towpath blocked then set upon when rider stopped. Never had an issue my self near Leeds but heard stories aroufn these parts.

Its really shit that this stuff happens, I don’t let my lad take his nice bike to school, not that anything has happened, but I really need to build up a cheap bike to use for school/shops….

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s Manchester for you

It’s a posh, semi-rural suburb on the edge of Great Mcr.

Not exactly Moss Side.

crazy-legs

Ummm its the same around here, Richmond Park/Hampton Court/Posh part of London/Surrey

There was a spate of similar incidents on Layhams Road leading out into the Kent countryside from West Wickham area.

One of the main routes out for South London roadies.

matt_outandabout

blimey.

beagle
    Free Member

Posted a PSA on here a couple of days ago. Perhaps I need to work on the title on my threads 😳 Very scary and utterly pants.

Think Leo had a lead according to his instagram account. Hopefully some proper police work ongoing as suggested in the article.

mrmoofo

^ I hope there is – as unless it is dealt with it will turn a lot nastier

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Sad thing is if they do catch them they’ll do little time behind bars if any, it’s amazing what scum get away with these days, even with a long history of crime from a young age there’s always some do-gooder willing to speak up for them with a sob story.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Bad type wealth redistribution in a deeply unequal society.I think, its about to get a whole lot worse in the next few years!Middle class keyboard anger is a waste of your energies.Even if very understandable.

bigrich

Sad thing is if they do catch them they’ll do little time behind bars if any, it’s amazing what scum get away with these days, even with a long history of crime from a young age there’s always some do-gooder willing to speak up for them with a sob story.

It’s this attitude that is allowing the far right to erode your rights.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s this attitude that is allowing the far right to erode your rights.

Good point, well made

shermer75
    Free Member

Bad type wealth redistribution in a deeply unequal society.I think, its about to get a whole lot worse in the next few years!

Yup

molgrips
    Free Member

This post represents a complete failure to understand the issues around crime and punishment.

robertajobb

I think it gets the ‘punishment’ angle completely.

Bunnyhop

We live in this area and it really is scary.
    I’ve seen the police helicopter out a few times in the past week.

As beagle said in the original thread – once is bad enough but twice is dreadful.

fossy

WTF – it’s down the road from me…

AlexSimon

Yeah, I cycle around there on my CX bike from time to time. That’s pretty scary.

I’ve also been to Farmer John’s, but always drive. Really wouldn’t expect it around there, although there was a similar incident 3 or 4 years ago in New Mills iirc

fossy

I pass FJ’s on my road bike training routes, it’s a very quiet area. My mate is always out on Glossop road. Have warned him.

imnotverygood

This post represents a complete failure to understand the issues around crime and punishment.

imrobert

Sounds very similar to what happened the other day to my nephew and his friend – only 15 years old and a car full of lads with machetes stole their bikes. Blow torch and pliers would be handy.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.