Macca on vegetarianism

• This topic has 259 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by  Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 260 total)
  • Macca on vegetarianism
  • tazzymtb

lol, thanks Jamie

_tom_

Meat is too delicious to give up. I’m going on a keto diet in a week and I can’t wait to have animal in every meal πŸ˜€

Junkyard

Loads of those animals hanging about on farms etc waiting to die are there cos we choose to eat them. They would not exist or have a life otherwise. They are not there for recreational purposes. I doubt sheep or cows wouldn’t even exist if it was not for humans wanting to munch on them.

To put that in human terms Infanticide is better than an contraception because at least they had a life.
    To not be borne is never worse than to be killed.

These threads should be good because, hopefully we can get a full range of opinions without being offensive to each other.

Indeed its amoral choice and you can make whichever one you want and we could have a reasonable debate …it could happen on STW one day

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Vegetables are what food eats.

I eat what I like, sometimes vege, sometimes meat. What ever tastes good.

Kevevs

calm down Junkyard. Is it not true that cows n sheep n pigs exist only for human consuption? They would be pretty useless at living out in the wild without us humans, they are too daft. They are species evolved to feed us? I’m not getting your Infanticide comparison.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Iirc I read somewhere (probably teh internetz) that chickens would be long extinct if we didn’t eat them.

Could be wrong though.

Junkyard

I will attempt sensible debate and see how short it lasts

Is it not true that cows n sheep n pigs exist only for human consuption?

yes they did not exit till we made them to eat – nt even getting what your point is here tbh

They would be pretty useless at living out in the wild without us humans, they are too daft.

yes it is true farming does indeed require farming

They are species evolved to feed us?

they did not evolve to do this we selectively bred them to do this

I’m not getting your Infanticide comparison.

well if it is better to have a life , even a short one, then killing our young is better than contraception – its your argument just used on humans. It seems to break down quite easily as no one would argue that.

Iirc I read somewhere (probably teh internetz) that chickens would be long extinct if we didn’t eat them.

It would not be extinct it would just never have existed as it comes from red junglefowl – bred for cock fighting not food originally

tinybits

I simply don’t see the issue in other people’s food, it’s just not on my radar.
    I eat meat, I eat it with almost every meal. Why? I like it, it tasts nicer to me than non meat meals. Also, the simple reason for meat being an every day thing is cost. I can afford it. If I couldn’t, I’d bulk out my with meals with more veggies. I don’t think that’s any different from most.
    Vegetarians on a high horse? Well you don’t often hear meat eaters getting radio 4 airtime betraying people for not eating meat…

Kevevs

what I’m saying is, and thanks for being so dismissive, is that if left to their own devices, sheep and cows would be killed out of existence by other species. Their tasty meat exists cos we want it to. You make a couple of good points there however DD. The underlying one me being quite thick πŸ˜€

CountZero

Mint sauce, anyone? πŸ˜€
    I really enjoyed the haggis I had Friday night, and the smoked salmon and smoked venison starter too… :mrgreen:

Can I just applaud DD for this!

siliconosus vaginitis

πŸ˜†

nealglover

Another person here who doesn’t really care what other people eat.

But for someone to say they are “consistently amazed” that people rely on meat as the main part of a meal, and to suggest that I have a lack of imagination because I choose to do the same, suggests to me that other people care more about it than I do.

(I don’t have a lack of imagination by the way, I regularly imagine I am a Caveman when I am cooking meat on a barbecue, and often imagine I am eating a succulent Kobe Fillet when it’s actually a bit of Chuck on my plate)

nealglover

Mint sauce, anyone?

Anyone got a keyring I can borrow ?

tazzymtb

to be fair, cows sheep and pigs are expensive, smelly and annoying. If it wasn’t for the fact they’re made of meat and yummy in my tummy they’d be toast as they would just be a “pest/vermin species” to the cereal crops and veg that we would need to feed everyone.

I just want a nice juicy burger.

YOU want the annihilation of entire species.

I just want I nice juicy burger.

I’ve got the bar open, there’s some biltong in the bowl, help yourself. This one could run and run.

Junkyard

What I am reading is you dont want to defend your original statement re better to have a life no matter how short.

thanks for being so dismissive

No idea what you consider to be dismissive was it something like this πŸ™„

calm down Junkyard

left to their own devices, sheep and cows would be killed out of existence by other species

How did they survive long enough for us to use husbandry on them given this?

we will keep a zoo,
    just for you
    πŸ˜›

tazzymtb

we will keep a zoo,
    just for you

can we have a tasting zoo? like a petting zoo but with moving snacks?

can we have a tasting zoo? like a petting zoo but with moving snacks?

πŸ˜†

tazzymtb

This one could run and run.

only until it’s some lovely grilled drumsticks πŸ˜€

Junkyard

Enjoying your work
    Very funny πŸ˜†

Kevevs

**** me Junkyard, you’re impossible. I can’t be arsed. you win. 8)

Jamie

**** me Junkyard, you’re impossible. I can’t be arsed. you win.

Hurrah!

Canned Chickens all round!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/34OwkAU.jpg[/img]

Kevevs

mmn, canned meat!!

aP

I’d forgotten about the Sweet Sue chicken. That’s such an ace product. For mid-Western Murkans, obviously.
    My thoughts mostly go along the lines of:
    I quite like meat, but I don’t want to eat it all the time as there’s lots of other nice things to eat out there as well.
    Obviously quinoa is now off the menu. πŸ˜₯
    Fish is nice, but not all the time, as is fowl.

Kevevs

wtf! got to get me tactical bacon. serious operations in deepest North Wales require it! Hoo-ah!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6xVQwIOYQ[/video]

Junkyard

**** me Junkyard, you’re impossible. I can’t be arsed. you win

Really there is no point entering in debate if you get cross, dont defend your view then use abuse.

You could consider responding to what i said with counter points that suggest I am wrong in what I have said.

Eat meat dont eat me it is your choice but dont use weak arguments when doing so be it eating or not eating meat. I have heard plenty from both sides.
    This made me laugh from one of these threads

tinybits

Tazzy, very funny keep it up.

Junkyard, I’m not sure what you’re argument actually is, and why you’re impossible
    Love the last post though!

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

If ever I open a restaurant, it’s name will be The Tasting Zoo.

tazzymtb

keep it up.

*fnar*

Kevevs

mate. I don’t care either way. I am not cross, I’m just messing about! I just don’t get the whole vegetarianism thing as seriously as you do . That’s me. Obviously each to their own, and it is a moral choice. You have to admit you are an impossible pain though JY! and ANYWAY I said I give up, you are right and I am wrong.

yodagoat

**** idiots.

I prepare and eat food stuffs. I don’t make a great distinction about what source category it is. If it’s edible and tasty, it’s food.

Some folks seem awfully worried about eating animals bred for food when I think the real issue is about animal welfare and humane slaughter.

brakes

**** idiots

about the most sensible thing said on this thread.
    although it still bears no relevance to the OP’s original statement about meat with every meal.
    for me, meat provides something that contains the protein I need/ want in a very tasty, affordable, simple and quick to prepare and cook form. I know of nothing that provides these things that isn’t meat. I grew up with 2 vegetarians and whilst they make some great food it takes a lot of time and effort and they are constantly seeking out new things/ ways to cook and eat because things get boring quickly.
    That is why, probably 90% of the time, I have meat/ fish with lunch and dinner.

Kevevs

maybe i’m in a funny mood. Pointing at someone and saying they are a f**ing idiot because of their moral choices seems a bit daft and thoughtless.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘Macca on vegetarianism’ is closed to new replies.