Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MacBook pro battery replacement
  • inkster
    Free Member

Looking to replace the battery on my mid 2009 MacBook pro. So many options on Amazon, any brands recommended or best avoided?

Also looking for a replacement SSD drive, which brands are best?

Kuco

I bought an iProPower 7200mAh off Amazon for my MacBook Air in April and it seems to be working just as good as the original so far.

Was dreading replacing it after reading about glued in batteries but to be honest it was a really simple job that only took 5 minutes.

The only thing to be careful of is the battery connector does seem delicate so be careful when unplugging the old one and connecting the new one.

bigG
    Free Member

I recently did a battery replacement on my late 2009 MacBook Pro and gave up searching amazon as most of them don’t appear to be the same power as the original unit. I ended up buying one from –

https://www.memoryc.co.uk/

it arrived quickly with the appropriate tools and a guide on how to install and ensure the charge/discharge setup was done correctly.

the MacBook now works as well as it did when it was new

They also seem to do ssd units

g

turboferret

I replaced the batter on my wife’s macbook pro as it had swollen so was stopping the trackpad buttons working. Was a pretty straightforward job. Just remember to reset the PRAM afterwards or else it won’t charge properly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MacBook pro battery replacement’ is closed to new replies.