Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro as work laptop – any views
  • cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

My trusty MacBook Pro is now 6 years old. It’s had 2 new batteries in that tome and due to the battering is had whilst travelling is now showing its age a bit.

I’m wavering between a MacBook Pro 13” and a MacBook Air to replace it – i’d Bump up the Ram on the latter to 16 gig.

I’ve never used a MacBook Air but the battery life looks good on paper. Does anyone use one for work (soon, Citrix, ms office and windows via boot camp) and if so how well do they hold up – is the speed difference noticeable?

big_scot_nanny

For general work stuff, since you are OK with the 13″ screen, I don’t think there would be any difference in performance between them.

So go for the lightest smallest package for travelling, no?

I recently changed jobs, and whilst previously I could do almost everything on the big iPad Pro, new role requires a bit more content creation whilst travelling, so 15″ Macbook was the only option.

I miss a small and light Mac, would definitely get the air next time.

oldtennisshoes

Is the Macbook an option? Smaller screen, but if you are going to plug into a monitor, does that matter anyway? I went from a MacBook Air to a Macbook and it’s been great.
    Connectivity options are a bit more involved though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I use a mix of my Air and works Surface, I’m happy with both TBH.

I like my Air, it’s light and simple and obvz has all the Office guff I need.

Wife has a Pro, I think that’s a big big and heavy, thats all I have to say about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro as work laptop – any views’ is closed to new replies.