Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Macavalanche – is it cancelled?
  • ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know of this event is on or is it still cancelled? I got a notification of cancellation on Facebook a while ago but now i see that stuff is getting posted on the facebook page like it’s now on.

It’s meant to be tomorrow, can anyone clarify if it’s on or off please?

Thanks

Chris

andrewh
    Free Member

Following

I thought it was cancelled but hadn’t been checking the FB as a result

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Livestream hd online keep posting on it and they are down as one of the hosts. Macavalanche event page still says taking place tomorrow. I can’t see how it would be on but don’t want to not turn up 🙂

stevie750

Think glencoe mountain is still shut till monday

Phil_H

Given there are no 2021 event’s on the NO Fuss page I’d say it wasn’t on in the first place.
    I guess the Facebook stuff is automatic/scheduled posts that haven’t been cancelled?

Northwind

Scheduled FB events that haven’t been cancelled, is all. There’s another thread about No Fuss in general but basically they’ve absolutely been through the wringer over the last year and the events stuff for now at least has all fallen by the wayside. Really hope to see them back on their feet.

(people quite fairly say that this is pretty poor from a business point of view, to not have at least updates and basic maintenance type stuff, but sometimes that’s just how it goes, life takes priority and the business has to take the hit)

onehundredthidiot

I’m old enough to have been doing no fuss events before the saddle tent and I really hope that there is a business to return to if that’s what they wish. But someone has to take 5mins and communicate. I’m sure lots of folk would understand, just look at this place.
    There’s some mightily peeved people now.

andrewh
    Free Member

Thread resurrection time.
    I was told that this had been moved to the Nevis Range and would be on 16 April 2022, with entries from 2021 (and 2020, which includes mine) being carried over.
    I’ve not heard anything from the organisers (no idea who they are, Nevis Range themselves? No Fuss are no more) anyone know what’s what?

BoardinBob

No Fuss essentially swallowed up by a sub brand of the EWS called Enduro Sports Organisation

Mac is at Nevis

https://www.nevisrange.co.uk/event/macavalanche-2022/

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yup there was confirmation back in November that it was on for the 16th and given the amount of entries carried over not open to new entrants.

Still figuring out which bike I’m taking.

YT Tues or Pitch with Boxxer Ride? Hmm…

Phil_H

Nevis Range got rights to 10 Under the Ben & Macavalanche.
    Enduro Sports Association got the rights to the SES.

Entry list here
    https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?elid=Y&event_id=9516
    I guess the competitors information email will come out a week or so before.

bigfoot
    Free Member

was going to say check sientries for your name in the entry list as above.

i have had several emails from nevis range about macavalanche but can’t remember if i signed up for them or it was automatic.

Phil_H

Information email has just landed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.