Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • M770 chainrings
  • repatriot
    Free Member

Do i have to buy Shimano M770 chain rings or is there an alternative, particular interested in a steel granny ring?

firestarter
    Free Member

not sure mate i have a full set of 770 rings i was thinking of selling never used as i dont have the chainset any more will have a hunt around to see what theyre worth if your interested mate

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Middleburn slick-shift work and last well for a good price, around £65 for a set of three chainrings from chain reaction.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The first and only time I tried middleburn rings I got a granny and a middle ring, both slickshift hardcote.

Chain was changed at the same time.

They barely wore any better than shimano (at the time) and I progressively tore the shifting pins from the middle ring. They didn't even shift that well. Over priced tosh. The new shimano composite middle ring is pretty good. I can't see any reason to get any reason to get anything different.

repatriot
    Free Member

Changed rings several months ago and its really the granny which has some really bad wear and scouring on which is causing chain suck. So i was looking for a tougher replacement for the granny..

firestarter
    Free Member

no worries . any idea what a brand new set of 770 rings would go for on classifieds 😉

devs
    Free Member

Bog standard Deore fit and last longer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘M770 chainrings’ is closed to new replies.