M62

Home Forum Chat Forum M62

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • M62
  • Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

accident at J25 according to RAC

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

It’s very broken west bound J28 onwards.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

I was driving the other way and was very grateful (and a little bit smug) that I wasn’t going Westbound.

A good 10 miles+ of stationary traffic…

Subscriber

Took me an hour and a half to get from Newcastle to J28 of M62.

Took another hour to get to J27!

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

It’s a nightmare; don’t miss my commute over the top every day for five years.

Coming back from holiday today and got a tour of Cleckheaton/Mirfield/Rastrick in the interests of avoiding an overturned lorry between J25 & J24…

compositepro

m62 is broken no matter what

its the shittest road in britain

b r

I used it for the best part of 5 years (lived in Morley) in the late 90’s but reckon if you think this:

its the shittest road in britain

You’ve not used the M4 between Slough and London.

It took me 3 1/2 hours to do Leeds to Stoke via the A38 this morning, I think everywhere has been broken today

FunkyDunc

Br the M62 got a lot worse in the 2000’s !

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

The M62 is weird. The best way to make progress is to sit in the first lane and set your cruise control to 80. In the words of Billy Connolly, “there’s no bugger there.”

flip

M6 between 11 and Birmingham is broke everyday now.

Subscriber

The best way to make progress is to sit in the first lane and set your cruise control to 80.

I genuinely laughed out at that; so true!

Houns

Agreed with M62 worst road in Britain

project

Lovely scenic road, pootle along at 55 and admire the scenery, and all the hard work put in building the thing.

Pure engineering, except fr the liverpool to manchester bits

john_drummer

the worst bit is when the M62 breaks, all the other roads around it break too. I have to get across it south to north on my way home & tonight could have been better. could have been a lot worse too.

jaylittle

I only travel 2 junctions for my commute and that can be a real headache when things go wrong! A lorries load shifted today between brighouse and ainley top, luckily i was travelling the opposite way…… roll on winter!!!!!!

compositepro

the worst bit is

the worst bit is it goes over this hill into lancashire

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

I agree with Project about the pennine section, I never once go through without thinking about how it was built.

Like most motorways they are a victim of their own success with business and retail parks off most junctions

In my opinion, the M62 is nothing compared to the M60, what kind of a motorway requires going round a traffic light controlled roundabout just to stay on the bloody thing ?

Near the Trafford Centre, if it rains it comes to a grinding halt. That Motorway was the main reason I left my job as a Van Driver just got fed up with it all.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Well that makes me a little happier, having had the pleasure of the M62/60 daily for about 3 years in the last 7. A complete and utter waste of my life 🙂

Just spent 15mins dropping the missus at work and just made a cup of tea before heading to my home office. Much better idea.

john_drummer

and for the rest of this week I too shall be working in my home office. No ’62 for me

I live north of Bratfud, have to get to south of Wakefield when in the office. from home, A650 as far as M62 J27. on M62 to J29, then down M1 to J38. Homeward journey is the reverse of this. This time last year it was taking up to 2 hours to do that journey. FFS I can do it on a pushbike in 2 hours 👿

Crag

JD, make no wonder you’re WFH. You’re taking in all the best bits of the local road network with that commute aren’t you!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘M62’ is closed to new replies.