M54 later on today

Home Forum Chat Forum M54 later on today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • M54 later on today
  • toby1

Same I’d say – this is based on not having been for years – but people tend to roll up throughout the night.

scruff

Traffic around V is generally of Zombie Apocalyptical proportions, mainly due to the authorities having the ultimate wisdom of blocking off all the side roads…

chvck

Operation find another route is a go! Pity that all of the other roads are pretty rubbish mind…

Houns

Where you starting and where you finishing?

chvck

I’m starting Oxford and finishing just outside Oswestry. I could go Kidderminster – Bridgenorth – Shrewsbury. Not really that many other options.

Leaving Oxford at 7pmish

Premier Icon LeeW
    Subscriber

You should get past ok, I managed it last year as all the traffic was kept on the hardshoulder. Probably held up for around 10min at the most.

Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

The M5 M6 bit will probably worse than any V traffic even at that time on a Friday

Houns

A44, A449, A442, A458, A5 would be my choice V festival or not

chvck

Thanks all, I’ll have a look at traffic reports later and then make a choice!

jekkyl

get over the M1, A50 through stoke and then straight over to wales.

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber
    chvck

Just been informed that it’s v festival this weekend and a brief look on google maps shows a large amount of the m54 west bound as rather black. Anyone have any sort of experience with what it’s likely to be like around 9pm this evening?

Although the entrance to the V is not that far from the M54 exit I would still go M54 and if the local traffic report is saying there are still massive tailbacks get off the exit before into Wolverhampton and go over land to Shifnal then back on the M54 at Telford.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

As a (fairly) local…I’d say Houns is spot on. Just avoid the whole mess by going cross country.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘M54 later on today’ is closed to new replies.