Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • M4 park and ride for that there London town
  • Rich_s

Have asked something similar before and this place came up trumps.

I’m staying in Westminster tonight, working near Bank, then need to drive to Bristol straight after.

Looking for secure overnight carp ark somewhere quick to get in and out of town. Not too fussed where it is, am happy with a tube or train ride of any length really as long as it’s convenient and secure.

Any assistance with possible places would be greatly appreciated! Not too fussed on price as I’m not paying (25-30quid).

nickjb
    Free Member

I have used the Westfield shopping centre for this. Fairly easy to get in and out and a short hop to central London. Reasonable compromise of driving and public transport although still a fair bit of London driving so something further out may be better depending on time of day. If you do park there make a note of the space number

Rich_s

Going down tonight late evening and picking up about 6.30 the following day. Any tips on exactly where to park for station access? Ta!

jimdubleyou

You’ll probably want one of the Central Line stations – so either Wood Lane, or Shepherds Bush – they are at opposite ends of the site, so doesn’t make much difference really. I’d probably park as close to the exit as possible 🙂

peekay

How about parking at Heathrow and take the Heathrow Express in to town? It drops you in Paddington, which although not ideal for Westminster should still see you at you in Central quicker than if you had driven in slightly further in to town and taken another tube line in. Quick escape directly on to the M4 after the meeting.
    Trains take 15 mins, every 15 mins. Short stay parking at Heathrow isn’t cheap, nor is the HEX, but if expensing it then might not be an issue for you.

Or…. where are you coming from before going in to London? Could you park in Bristol and take a return train in to London from there?

simon_g

There’s a church on Justpark right next to the Hammersmith gyratory, has several spaces in a high-walled, gated carpark that they make available during the week. Couple of mins walk through the subway under the road and into the shopping centre for the tube. It’s what I use if I need to be in London but am heading off to Wales straight after.

Rich_s

Terrific tips – thanks everyone!

TiRed

How about parking at Heathrow

(25-30quid).

Does not compute! Hatton Cross tube station has an NCP car park and is a quick trip to HEX or Picadilly slow train into central London, otherwise Ealing Broadway has a secure NCP and easy access to the tube station direct to Westminster.

dovebiker

Old Deer Park, Richmond – straight up the M3, just past Twickenham. Short walk to Richmond Station and a train journey into Waterloo – short walk to Westminster or 1 stop on Jubilee line. 24 hour parking available.

https://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/services/parking/car_parks/richmond_area_car_parks#olddeer

brassneck

I typically park at Hillingdon tube, but that’s usually for weekends and Wembley gigs so might not be optimal location for where you need to be. Was cheap on a Sunday though.

richardk
    Free Member

Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre, short walk to central line tube, £12 overnight parking

TheBrick
    Free Member

My M4 starndard is south eailing. Not a secure car park but street parking with 8-10 min walk to the station

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bristol, or anywhere west of Theale to avoid the **** roadworks.

Rich_s

Bunged it in Ealing Broadway shopping centre. Thanks for all the tips. Really appreciate it.

CountZero

There’s a church on Justpark right next to the Hammersmith gyratory, has several spaces in a high-walled, gated carpark that they make available during the week.

A mate and I have used that in the past, but they’ve become quite expensive now. Last time we went up to London, two or three weeks ago, we used someone’s front garden through JustPark, the other side of the main gyratory, cost about half.

tmb467
    Free Member

Park in Reading. 27 mins to Paddington

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘M4 park and ride for that there London town’ is closed to new replies.