Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lyrik set up
  • nickc

Well the user manual is no good, any one got any sensible starting positions for the hi/low speed compression settings on a Lyrik RC2L, I know everyone’s different but any “get going” setup advice would be appreciated.

I was quite surprised at the ‘user manual’ (use the term very loosely), it’s mostly concerned with “don’t sue us, it’s probably your fault” warnings, and not one word on the various adjustments of the fork…stuff that might be a bit useful 😆

Alex

They’re all like that now Nick. I haven’t had any lyricks for donkeys years. Think I started with everything in the middle on the pair I had on my SX trail. I’m sure you’ll get some good advice, but always worth giving TF Tuned or Loco a ring.. they’re both very helpful

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think high speed has 12 clicks and low 16 (?), I have the high open or just a few clicks in, the low 5-9 depending on what I’m doing. *

*note to self, count current clicks, bike was riding super sweet last night.

Also, try riding without locking out on the climbs, if you find its basically fine, remove floodgate, its like a sexy awesome on/off switch. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For anything start in the middle and work from there. Note down where you get to. Hardest bit is finding a section of trail to repeat enough times to assess what’s going on.

Northwind

I wouldn’t start in the middle with Lyriks personally, the more neutral settings are all off to the “left”- Rockshox recommend 4 clicks of high and low damping and 12 of rebound as a start point, me, I’d start from no highspeed, some low, and rebound whatever feels alright. Then just ride it- mission control’s best point is that it’s one of the easiest dampers to work with and make useful changes on.

Guide here:

http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/missioncontrol_tuningguide_en.pdf

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Exactly what northwind said.

4 clicks of each of the compression damper and set the rebound however feels right.

I think I added a smidge more low speed as the bike felt quite unstable, but appart from that it was fine.

nickc

Thanks Northwind, that’s what I was looking for. 😀

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m with Northwind on this one- I started in the middle and got pain in my feet. Now much more over to the left (no high, some low) and they’re much better.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I found that I was adjusting the slow speed compression quite a bit depending on what trails I was doing. For the faster, less techy stuff I had about 6 clicks of low speed (with an extra soft spring, me about 10 stone) and about the same for high speed. When doing slower, techy descents I found 6 clicks to be way to divey so added another 4 clicks of low speed to firm it up a bit.

As above, the beauty of the adjustments are that they’re so simple and easy to do at the start of each trail.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

OK for clarification the Start in the middle advice was exactly that – start then turn the dials one at a time after each run/lap/section and repeat. Not put them in the middle and see how it goes for 3 months. It’s my normal approach for most forks/suspension setups. Sounds like northwind has some better start points though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I did exactly that Mike, it is sound advice for most forks. It just didn’t seem to work for Lyriks.

pukenroof
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Northwind

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik set up’ is closed to new replies.