Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lyrik Coil – mod or not?
  • sunnrider
    Free Member

I´ve got a 2010 Lyrik Coil UTurn 115-160mm Motion Control and rebound.

It needs a service now after the summer and I was wondering if it´s possible to change the MoCo for a Mission Control DH damper.

I´m running the xSoft spring and I´ve found the fork too “divey” but without coming anywhere near full travel. If I add compression it dives less but uses even less travel.
    I switched from a medium spring originally (even worse).

Compared to riding a bike with a Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti it feels nowhere near as good. So I´m stuck between modifying the Lyrik or sell it on and buy a zocchi. (Would like a Bos Deville but their service setup puts me off.)

Anyone modded their Lyrik sucessfully? Or had similar issues?

unklehomered
    Free Member

you can by the MiCo, infact I may have one up for grabs in a few months time. But if looking to service as well I would give Loco a ring. They stock a lot of RS internals, and would be able to advise on what would/would not address your issues.

For the dive, put some compression on, but turn the floodgate down, but yes unless you 5 ft 8 and skinny I imagine soft spring could be underkill… how much sag do you get?

sunnrider
    Free Member

For the dive, put some compression on, but turn the floodgate down

No floodgate to turn down. I get compression and rebound only.
    Am also 5ft 7 and skinny :/ sag is about right.

emanuel
    Free Member

the dna moco should fit.floodgate nearly open and damping nearly closed works for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik Coil – mod or not?’ is closed to new replies.