Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • lynda la plante, and other books for non readers
  • spchantler
    Free Member

i was going to reply to the earlier thread, but then realised that this needed a thread all of its own. i’ve never read such a crock of S&*t as this, i’ve got half way in and not seen a single descriptive passage, its all he said this and she said that, then they did this….on and on. i feel compelled to finish it though so others don’t have to
    so, can forum members reccommend any other books that a fit for non readers, ie not fit for readers

still, at least she’s selling them…

grey

Can’t really recommend any, reading is quite a personal thing. What I would say is start with something that interests you, fiction or nonfiction and not some big long book that you’ll lose interest in.
    Giving us a clue of what you like will help us point you in the right direction.

aracer
    Free Member

Well I’ll take what he thought he might like as a clue and suggest Ian Rankin or Reginald Hill (Rebus and Dalziel & Pascoe respectively). I do read a lot, so no idea how they are for the non-reader, but they’re certainly not too intellectual or hard work (some others I read are far harder).

Haven’t ever read La Plante, and thanks for the tip – I guess the style shouldn’t be a surprise given she started as a screenwriter.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Dan Brown
    Matthew Reilly
    Jilly Cooper
    Jeffrey Archer…

There are no doubt many more.

aracer
    Free Member

Dan Brown

Really? He was asking for books for a non-reader, not for a total idiot.

jota180
    Free Member

Just finished Mean Streak by Sandra Brown

It was good holiday reading

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘lynda la plante, and other books for non readers’ is closed to new replies.