Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Lyme Disease, a potentially shocking twist
  • cinnamon_girl

Yeah, I thought that.

Thank you for pointing it out scotroutes.

Houns

“Dryden is not an expert”

I would think he is

“Dr Matthew Dryden, a consultant microbiologist at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust”

matt_outandabout

Dr Matthew Dryden, a consultant microbiologist

He sounds like the doctor that spent two years telling mrs_oab to man up and get in with it, as she was clearly tired only through being a mum to three young kids.
    He even tried to argue with the consultant immunologist that wrote to inform him of a diagnosis of Common Variable Immunoglobulin Disorder, that it wasn’t a ‘thing’…

cinnamon_girl

I would think he is

Not in Lyme disease, Houns.

He sounds like the doctor that spent two years telling mrs_oab to man up and get in with it, as she was clearly tired only through being a mum to three young kids.
    He even tried to argue with the consultant immunologist that wrote to inform him of a diagnosis of Common Variable Immunoglobulin Disorder, that it wasn’t a ‘thing’…

Gosh, that’s bad Matt. Not uncommon for women to be treated as per the 19th century guidelines that state we’re suffering from hysteria! ‘Invisible Women’ by Caroline Criado-Perez is proving to be an enlightening read, all men should read it!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Dryden is not an expert…

As a Consultant Microbiologist I’m sure he has a bit more knowledge of the subject than a layperson who has “done their research” though. Of course if that’s not good enough there is also another doctor referenced in that piece on the BBC website who works at…

London’s Hospital for Tropical Diseases

I reckon she might know a thing or two too.

But you know, it’s a conspiracy to brush things under the carpet. Us Healthcare Professionals, although in professions based on science, recall about ignoring the science and fumbling around in the dark at the say so of The Government.

stevextc
    Free Member

As a Consultant Microbiologist I’m sure he has a bit more knowledge of the subject than a layperson who has “done their research” though.

There are many self appointed experts who are appointed in dismissing inconvenient research.
    There are also documented cases of medical journals supporting specific anti-research that conflicts with their advertisers. One of the bigger ones being Warren and Mitchel and research on ulcers wrt heliobacter pyloris where editorials and letters and openly mocking them were given bias. A decade later it was accepted…

Elsevier amongst others did an internal investigation and were saying this was indeed a problem they were going to try and address. In this case it was about drug company funding.
    Regardless a decade later M Hadjivassiliou et al (2002) got a similar treatment in this case because they were neurologists not gastoenterologists … and it was a “we own that disease”

Regardless again a decade later the papers and neurological aspects became mainstream…

whimbrel
    Free Member

He is not an expert in Lyme Disease. There are no Lyme Disease experts in the UK.

Dr Dryden is on video joking about Lyme Disease sufferers at a conference, with an audience of Drs laughing along.
    Amazingly he was running the last attempt at a national Lyme Disease clinic – it closed due to lack of funding.
    He was notorious for stating that anyone that didn’t respond to his regime did not have Lyme Disease and discharging them.
    His regime differed from the latest NICE guidelines.
    He invented/made-up a new syndrome for anyone who didn’t respond to his treatment – Chronic Arthropod-borne Neuropathy (CAN). He now seems to be an expert in CFS.

In 2013 he gave a Public Health England presentation where is showed this slide:
    ‘Chronic Lyme’ What is it?
     Post infectious pathology
     Immune system activation
     Persisting Borrelia burgdorferi infection
     Co existing infection
    ○ Babesia,
    ○ Anaplasma /Ehrlichia
     Another infection
    ○ Other strains of Borrelia spp.
    ○ Rickettsia spp.
    ○ Other chronic infection
     Non-organic component

He was open to it being a persistent BB infection then in his expert opinion.

The other consultant [Dr Logan] states that ‘in fact they have have a syndrome that is more in keeping with chronic fatigue syndrome’. She appears to have made this up. What syndrome [a collection of symptoms] is this. Where are the peer reviewed papers outlining it.

The latest NICE guidelines state that more research is needed into the best treatment and better testing, and that they don’t know how the disease progresses in people who have not responded to treatment. [Evidence for current tests is recognised as being of poor quality].

The ‘experts’ on the NICE committee are obviously not as sure as Dr Dryden and Dr Logan. They should phone NICE with their evidence.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Sounds completely implausible, probably the slowest and least effective delivery mechanism you could think of. Bearing in mind they had mustard gas shells in WW1, so already had experience of deploying agents by missile / shell and kept developing this till it was all banned.

Now I agree – but this is ‘Murica we are talking about. They overdosed and killed an elephant with LSD in a CIA funded mind control experiment.

It would t surprise me if we one day found out they were trying to create a tick disease to make soviets gay or something.

cinnamon_girl

Good to see you back @whimbrel and what a useful post. Dryden’s views change like the wind don’t they.

What a mess.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I jokingly alluded to it about two years ago in another thread on the subject, or was it conspiracy theories, project something or other. Ehhh well can’t remember, maybe I imagined the whole episode or am stuck in some kind of time and space vortex.

So what’s the STW committee verdict?

epicyclo

It’s obviously spread by chem trails…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Lyme Disease, a potentially shocking twist’ is closed to new replies.