• This topic has 51 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Lying thieving git.
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’re on a cycling touring holiday in South Wales. We don’t travel particularly light, panniers on each bike and I tow a trailer with the camping gear in.
    It’s been a lovely week so far, great riding, quiet roads, good weather.
    Last night we arrived in a campsite just outside Pembroke: Windmill Hill. It’s a lovely site, clean and neat with good facilities including a microwave, fridge and freezer for campers to use. That’s especially useful to us, so last night we put our milk, bacon and butter in the fridge, which was empty apart from our stuff.
    This morning the butter is gone.
    Now it’s obvious someone has had it and it’s not simply a matter of driving to the nearest shop for us to get more
    So Mrs PP goes asking around to see if anyone has it. First tent she spies it on their table. Now, if the bloke had said sorry and handed it back, then fine. But no. He had to lie and say it was theirs, even when we could positively ID it with the reduced sticker on the lid which Mrs PP had half peeled off he still lied.
    Mrs PP is no pushover and eventually got it back. But what a lying thieving ****. I’d have gladly given him butter if he’d asked.
    It’s really pissed me off and although it won’t spoil my day I’m tempted to go and have it out with him.
    Rant over.
    And breath.

Alphabet

What forks do you have on your bike? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

there are **** everywhere not go enjoy your holiday and dont let one idiot ruin it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickc

Well done your missus.

Deep breath, get on with your life. 😀

It’s too short to worry about idiots

grum
    Free Member

People are weird aren’t they. Try and laugh about it rather than getting mad:

‘I will not allow these people to pollute my mind with anger’

epicyclo

Should have told him you needed it because it’s your arse butter that you rub on your bum each morning before riding… 🙂

flap_jack
    Free Member

Can I have some assertiveness training from Mrs PP !

cloudnine
    Free Member

Go move your tent to trefalen farm about 4 miles away…

dang100
    Free Member

Any idea what the best tyres for stealing butter are?

cooie

Should have told him you needed it because it’s your arse butter that you rub on your bum each morning before riding…

😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Grum, agreed.

I have less self control. I’d have verbally ripped him a new arsehole.

kcal

applause for epicylco 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sounds like a scene from Mike Leigh’s ‘Nuts in May’
    Funny if it ended in a fistfight in front of small children and everything.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I very nearly just drove over to find you to offer you some arse butter..

I live about 8 miles away

chip
    Free Member

World is full lying theiving gits, probably why no one else dare leave there food there .
    I hope your milk was sealed and unopened wouldn’t suprise me if such people spat in it for fun , especially now they have had a strip torn off them by the good lady.

ninfan
    Free Member

Were you and Mrs PP perhaps staying on a campsite near Annecy in September 2012?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I’d have verbally ripped him a new arsehole.

Like a vicious rim-job? 😯

craigxxl
    Free Member

Report them to the camp staff they will normally ask them to move on but at least have a word in their ear.

toby1

Wee, old water bottle, drivers door handle on his car?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Were you and Mrs PP perhaps staying on a campsite near Annecy in September 2012?

No, sorry, not us.
    Pembroke castle is great by the way. 🙂

DrP

Pete,
    The world’s a shitty place at times.
    In fact.
    I can’t believe it’s not better…

DrP

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I can’t believe it’s not better…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Very good.

Andy

Utterly terrible DrP 🙁

nickc

DrP wins the internet for today

maxtorque

Jeez? I mean seriously? Have you considered getting the UN involved? I mean, surely blatant steeling of dairy products must breach at least a couple of the Geneva Convention Rules? I hear Kofi isn’t so busy these days, maybe you could get him flown in to mediate??

I mean, this is the sort of man that it’s going to be very difficult to argue against:

I bet the butter thief would change their tune pretty dam fast!

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just curl one off in the tub then put it back in the fridge.

Similar for milk.

theotherjonv

Yay Mrs p

You should have gone over. I’ve said this before, you are a very nice man in all the dealings I’ve had with you, but the body art and piercings make you look scary. He’d have poo’ed himself when he saw you coming…….

gogg
    Free Member

I’ve seen the trailer…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2tM_VzDSI[/video]

steezysix
    Free Member

Just go over and start to curl one out in the doorway of his tent. When he starts to complain, just maintain that it’s the camp toilet and he’s made a mistake?

deejayen
    Free Member

You’ve got to be on your guard! These lovely campsites lull one into a false sense of security. Somebody walked off with my brand new electric shaver (bought that day), and more recently my bike!

I hope the incident hasn’t put too much of a downer on your holiday, and that you enjoy the rest of your stay. Just keep your butter under lock and key from now on…

cloudnine
    Free Member

PeterP.. where you staying tonight?

shermer75
    Free Member

Top marks to your missus there PP, good on her for standing her ground!

imnotverygood

Glad to see you butter half retrieved the situation.

cinnamon_girl

For goodness sake, what a nasty thing to do. Good on K for sorting him out and he certainly won’t do that again. What a toe rag. 😐

chip
    Free Member

Go around tomorrow morning and offer him an olive branch in the form of a borrow of your butter.
    Take the opportunity to apologise for the mix up and thank him for the return of the butter.

And as he takes a bite of his toast say, especially as you do not believe in carrying both KY and Lurpak as, as everybody knows you may not be able to spread KY on your toast but you can dip your knob in the butter.

Sorry, I will get my coat. 😀

Euro
    Free Member

Good for you for not letting it spoil your holiday and churning the other cheek. This type of crime is spreading throughout the land and the perpetrators should be severely punished.

matt_outandabout

Bike touring with butter? Do you have the bone china as well?

Mr & Mrs PP in touring mode:

( 😉 )

Tiger6791

What a sorry churn of events!

theotherjonv

What a

W

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Lying thieving git.’ is closed to new replies.